1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly Crab wearing 2 shells!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Mama Crabs, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Mama Crabs

Mama Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

I just had to share this funny moment when our crab Alyssa put on 2 shells and roamed around the tank, I just wish the shots were more in focus, but itâ??s still funny!

[img=400x300]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af115/MamaCrabs/DSC06481.jpg[/img]

[img=400x300]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af115/MamaCrabs/DSC06479.jpg[/img]

2. n00b

n00b "Preparing For First Molt"

:biglaugh:  Thanks for sharing!  That's SO cute!

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:think: I was wondering about the post when I saw it, hmmm just how does a crab have 2 shells, thinking well it beats changing from 1 shell to another 12 times one hour like mine have done. So I clicked on here.. that's funny! crabs are not crabby, they are harlaious! :hahahaha:

4. imported_hermies4life

imported_hermies4life (Micro Crab)

Awww, how cute. Thanks for sharing!!

5. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Nice shots! That's really funny! Its an eggshell on top of another snail shell...
    for maximum protection!

6. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Just so you know, Donny (TMNT), I would consider this to be a rather old thread, as it was created at least a month or two ago. I wouldn't recommend digging through old threads, and posting to topics that have not been posted on longer than a month ago.

7. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Nuts, I forgot. This thread was near the top of the thread list, so I though
    it was till knew. Thanks for telling me.

8. Mama Crabs

Thanks for the feedback Donny!

By the way, why is it bad to post on old threads? I've done it in the past, also, sometimes we don't get the chance to comment the first time the thread goes up, I guess I don't understand why this is a bad thing??

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

It's just kinda pointless to go through old threads and post on them. Some people just do it to add to their karma. Others do it because they are bored. I don't know why Donny (TMNT) did it, but it is kind of a waste of everyone's time. (I do not mean to be rude or mean to anybody. I am just trying to explain my opinion of why it is not the best thing to do. Please don't take offense.)

10. crystalm

crystalm Hi, I'm New Here!

You should watch what you state as your opinion and state how pointless something is and a waste of everyone's time, when you are guilty of this yourself.  You have posted in thread's that were older than a month old.  And no one told you it was a waste of everyone's time.  Because likely no one feel's that way and not everything on here is old news to everybody.  For someone who is new to the forum everything is new news, no matter how old!

Example:
    last post by Donny (TMNT)
    Re: Strawberry and Viola pixel image! :D
    « Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »

next post was yours:     
    Re: Strawberry and Viola pixel image! :D
    « Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Thank you for catching me, crystalm! That is incredibly true. I should not be accusing somebody of doing something, if I, myself, am doing the same thing. And it is not really a bad thing, anyway. If somebody wishes to do so, they may. It is their choice, and they are responsible for their own actions. And as you said, everything may be new news to a new member. They might not know that the last post on the thread was done say on May 06, 2010. Thank you for proving me wrong. I am sorry, everyone!

12. scoobdoo

sometimes when going through old post & threads I read something and may not understand what the answer means, I was trying figure out should I reply to it or do a new? I have tried to look through old post and threads for answers to see if I could find answers to my questions, but this can take quite some time to. I figure if the administrator people didn't want us to post to old threads they would put in the archives that say do not post to these. {if that is what the place is called, I know there is a spot tthat says don't post  or something like that}

13. Mama Crabs

I also like people posting on old posts because sometimes a member can answer a question that wasn't answered yet, or provide a different view point than what was previously given. I figure as long as people are posting, it's all good!

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I think the purpose of the Archives is to store old posts and threads that were created and/or posted on long ago. As you can see, if you take a quick glance at the Board Index, there is a label that states: Addiction Archives- DO NOT POST IN THIS SECTION, and the following boards are displayed under the forum: Archived Crabby 911, Archived Crab Care, Archived Nutrition, and Archived Miscellaneous. In most of these boards, the last posts were done at least a year ago. And then, the above forum; Crab Concerns, contains several of the same boards, but without 'Archived' in front of the forum. So, vckums, and the other Administrators, Moderators, and Global Moderators probably transport old threads into the Archives. And they are meant to be posted on. Other than that, I suppose it is fine to post on any other thread, as long as it is not stored in the Archives. It may be old to some members, but to new members, everything seems new. And if someone has a question or is confused, and don't really want to create a new topic, they could perhaps look for other topics already created that relate to their question. I apologize for my accusation, but if you don't mind, I am getting a little tired of arguing/debating. I know my fault in the situation, and I am mostly why this was brought up. Thank you.

15. Mama Crabs

No need to apologize, and my last post was not to put more blame on you, I was just sharing an opinion. :yes2:

16. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Of course, and you're welcome to an opinion. I may not agree on everything everyone says, but that does not give me the right to be disrespectful. They have their own opinion on things, and I have mine. I will respect their opinions, even though I might not think they are right.

17. scoobdoo

:huggies: to you hermies4ever we all have been in that place, but see actually you did some good, cause it did answer my question as to post or not to post & where to post.
    thankyou!

18. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

:huggies: Oof! I am claustrophobic, here! :chuckle: Wow, scoobdoo! I think you have just discovered a new tongue twister! Post or not to post and where to post. Try saying that three times! I am glad I could be of some help to you, scoobdoo! I didn't even know you had a question, let alone I could answer it with my apology speech! :hahahaha:

19. scoobdoo

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............. THERE IS GOOD IN EVERYTHING! THERE IS NO STUPID QUESTIONS OR STUPID ANSWERS BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT IT WILL HELP SOME ONE AND MAKE THEM ALL THE WISER. I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY AND SAY WHAT I WROTE, JUST SURPRISED AT MY SELF THAT I EVEN THOUGHT OF IT LET ALONE WROTE IT! I FEEL LIKE THE KARATE GUY TALKING TO HIS STUDENT GRASSHOPPER! OH WHAT WAS THAT SHOW?? KARIGAN WASN'T THAT THE GUYS/ ACTOR'S NAME? SHOW MIGHT BE TO OLD FOR YOU TO REMEMBER. I HAVE GOT TO GET OFF HERE! OFF THE COMPUTER PERIOD BEEN ON IT MOST OF THE DAY JUST GOOFING OFF, MY DAY OFF, WELL NOT REALLY STILL HAVE TO CLEAN THE CLINIC BUT SHOULDN'T TAKE TO LONG & GOING W SIS IN LAW TO HER BABY'S DOC APPT. SHE WAS ON ALLERGY MEDS AT AGE 8 MONTHS THE DOC TOOK HER OFF AND NOW SHE IS BACK TO WHEEZING AND EARACHES FROM SO MUCH PHLEM. MY POOR SASSY FRAS. LATER CARBBY PEOPLES. LOVE ONE ANOTHER, RESPECT ONE ANOTHER AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

20. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Hold on a second, there, scoobdoo! You never said anything about a CLINIC before, now did you? Caught you red clawed!