1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Crab

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by cococrisp, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I took my crab out today and it took him 20 minutes to come out. Is he especially shy or is this normal.:confused:

2. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

was it kiwi cause if it is then it will be like that since he was probably mistreated.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

It's not really normal, but not abnormal either. Was it a new hermit crab? If it is, it's normal because sometimes it takes a while for them to get used to you. Sherbert used to be like that when I first got her. I dropped her on cement on her second day, so that frightened her for a while. But, then she got used to me and realized I wasn't a hermit crab eating monster. Lol! Now, she comes out right away and even lets me kiss her!
    I'm not sure but hermit crabs are less active when they want to molt soon and rest more than they run around. Maybe that's apart of it?? Other molting symptoms are excessive eating and drinking, cloudy eyes, and pale abdomen.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

No I have had her for about 6 months or so. I almost never hold her though. I have found that the crabs are way more active when I turn the heat pad off or when I rescued Kiwi from the hamster cage she was very active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.