1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrimp

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by scoobdoo, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

how do you cook em?

2. Mariah

Mariah "Preparing For First Molt"

You can boil them in water or pop them in the microwave.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

You can saute them in a little olive oil.

4. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

I just poor something on them (like lime or coconut oil) and put 'em in the microwave! That's the easiest way! My crabs LOOOOOVVVEE shrimp! :katertater:

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Mine dont like shrimp much. They do like hamberger though. Last night I nuked a little piece. Bandit was on top of the cholla wood and he snatched it out of my hand but about 20 min. later he dropped it in the cholla wood hole and he spent hours trying to get in the hole to get it out. I did'nt get it for him cause he had had enough. It was funny.

6. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

he grabbed it out of your hand?? Cool!!!

7. scoobdoo

I zapped shrimp I think I over cooked it, they didn't touch it & I even shredded it, I have tried hamburger several times w no luck, bought fresh froze fruit w no preserve and nuttin! dehydrated organic fruit to w no luck. they eat bananna & apples, walnuts & crab food, cuttle bone, calcium powders, peanut butter, honey & cheese for a treat once in awhile, chicken sometimes they will eat.I will try the shrimp again & if they don't eat it then I guess the hubby will be eating it.

8. Mariah

Mariah "Preparing For First Molt"

You can try giving it to them raw and if you zap shrimp they only need 20 seconds or less they cook super fast.

9. scoobdoo

I did it in the microwave in a cup of water for about 45 secs and mushed it & cooled it. wasn't long & I had a crab eating it! :cheer: now I just have to cook it when the hubby isn't around cause I'm sure he will complain cause I bought them a bag of 5$ shrimp!

10. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

At the grocery store near me, there's a seafood counter just like a butcher counter and I used to frequently and ask for 2 or 3 shrimp. They always looked at me kind of funny, but it was always super cheap. Often they'd just give them to me for free, but when they didn't it cost a MAXIMUM of $1, usually about 50 cents. I also like to go to the butcher counter when they had the steak tips in the case and I'd get 3 or 4 of those and that was also less than a dollar. I cooked it in the microwave and cut it into smaller pieces and stick it in their food dish and there would be steak all over the tank in the morning. I stopped giving them shrimp because I have several crabs that would take it and hide it and the tank would stink terribly before I could ever find it. They had a tendency to bury it just under the surface so I couldn't see it but it still smelled like death and it freaked me out.

Just a note--- DON'T put scallops in the tank. They go bad even just overnight and my entire room smelled horrible for a week. And it smells like more than 1 hermit crab has died, even though they haven't. *Ick*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.