1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrimp ring?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by LordRhal, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

Hey guys,

You know those shrimp rings you can buy at the supermarket? Would those shrimps be ok for my crabs if I froze them and gave them 1 every few days? on another note, I also have tree frogs, and they eat lots of crickets, would I be able to freeze some of those crickets and give it to them? I know vicki sells them on her store but I don't know where she got hers from :p

Thanks for the info! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

You can feed them crickets, grasshoppers,earthworms, etc.. as long as there hasn't been any pesticides used in the area.
    I don't know about the ring shrimp but I buy the frozen raw shrimp and microwave it in declorinated. I give it to them about once a week.

3. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

I bought some big live crickets and mealworms and I put them in the freezer. Should I clean them or something first? I was thinking of giving them some tonight when they come out. I just bought a night bulb too so I will be able to check them out better :)

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I've only done dried bugs, but I'd guess that you should probably rinse them off just in case. I've heard other people talk about feeding crickets that they've had for their lizards and that were 'gut-loaded' I think the term was with blueberries and something else.

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Mine won't touch the crickets, but they love the earth worms from Vicki's store.
    They really like her Scrumptious Sea Supper too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.