1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I learn to play the Piano?

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by MAD, Feb 6, 2006.

?

Well?

1. Sure, you dont have enough to do anyway, learn to play and read music, just make sure your guitar ha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO!!! This is just another infatuation with something. You HAD to have that Guitar remember? SURE y

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You are nuts, stop flooding the forum with your meaningless posts. I am also a very shallow and mea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You need professional help dude....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like cakes and pies, Read me a story?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Okay, this is gonna sound really insane.

I was at radioshack today (again  :help:) scrounging for parts.  They had a big monster keyboard set up in th corner.  fter a few minutes of pressing the keys and fooling with the 900 some odd buttons it had, I actually played a rather decient tune.  It was half-done and sloppy, but not bad for a total beginner.  Its easier to visualize and "see" the sounds through the keys than it is on a guitar.  The bad news is that I have to trade my guitar in.  All it has ever done is sit in the corner.  I have never had the patience to try and learn to play it in the past 5 years. 

2. MAD

who the heck likes cakes and pies?!?!?!? Lmao.....

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Me :icon_thumleft:

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Oh MAD, why'd you have to go and put so many options on there? I can't possibly vote when I want to check several of them...

The funny thing is I just got a violin for Christmas and I want to learn but now I have to buy new pegs because it will not stay in tune. I bought books and everything but no one had pegs to buy right after Christmas and so it's sat in the closet since then. I need to break down and just pay for lessons and be forced to go every week.

I think I understand how you feel though. Do you get these thoughts and interests and then they blossom and shortly thereafter become temporary obsessions? I have that happen a lot. I see something that interests me and I just can't live without and 2 months later it's over and I'm stuck with all the paraphanalia of this obsession. It's very annoying and can be quite costly. I'm happy to see, however, that the crab thing is hanging on much longer than I expected. I know how I am with my obsessions like this and still can't seem to stop myself. The crab addiction though has really taken a hold of me and is not settling down in the least. I still want to get a bigger tank(s) and lots of cool stuff but unfortunately the budget just won't allow it at the moment. Probably a really good thing.

Ok, I'm shutting up now. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

5. tara

tara "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Sure! I say go for it. It's great to learn to play a new instrument--you either love it or you don't but you'll never find out unless you try.
    I still love to play my cello from time to time but I'm not near as good now as I was in college.

Maybe you should start with the kazoo first...it's more "you".  :tongue3:

6. MAD

I have already mastered the Kazoo =P

7. Hermies

Hermies Guest

How do you master a kazoo? I'm still bangin pots and pans. Boom! boom! keesh! ba boom! boom! boom! keesh! BAM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.