1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shiloh, sleep peacefully, good friend

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by nancy, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I inspected the crabitat last night and there she was, lying on her side on the eco-earth. She wasn't very big, was a plain little equadorian in a rather plain turbo shell. I'm going to miss her. Everyday I come home from work and I see who's up. I always say, It's nice to see you". That will be a little emptier gesture now. "Shiloh, when I was young, I used to call your name. When no one else would come, Shiloh, you always came. Now go in peace.

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Sorry Nancy. I feel your loss. :(

3. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Thank you. Ms.Diamond. When I did a deep clean of that crabitat I changed the substrate from sand to eco-earth. Every crab was alive and doing well. I don't know how to explain this death. I know they happen to everybody. I just wish I knew what needs to be corrected. That's all.

4. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Sometimes it is nothing we did or could have done any better, unfortunately.

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Bummer Nancy--I am sorry for your loss..........:(

6. Shiya

Shiya "Never Molted"

I understand your feeling completely, Nancy. I really wish they could talk, so they could tell us when something was wrong. But, equally true is the fact that sometimes it's just something beyond our control. Either way, I'm sorry for your loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.