1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHELLS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shells' started by CrabbyChris22, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

woo hoo, i got my shells! THANK YOU MACANDHUNTER. oh my gosh, they are so pretty. i haven't bought NEARLY as many shells for my Es as i should have in the past but i'm thinking i did this time... i ordered 51 shells and got an extra 2, thank you very much. i ordered a bunch of whale eyes in all different sizes, some cancellaria's, japanese snail, and some little snail shells that look just like tiny whale eyes but with these CUTE stripes. my crabs better like these.

thanks again Mac, they are boiling on the stove as i type. i'm hoping my Es are as happy with these as i am...

oh yeah, i got 2 packs of small turbos too.

i will certainly take advantage of the coupon you sent too, let me know when you get your order in to replenish your supply and i'll make another order then.

i love new shells. woo hoo, it's like christmas in march...

2. MacandHunter

MacandHunter "First Molt In Progress"

Woot, glad you got them! :partyhat4: I think I am going to be ordering in more shells this weekend for the store, so I'll let you know when I get them in. :) Let me know if you want something you don't see in the store and I might be able to get it in for you. Your shell order was like an E paridise, so I hope you get some shell changes tonight!

3. CrabbyChris22

yeah, i've been needing to get my Es something. i'm LOVING the Nautica Lineata's, they are the CUTEST!. none of my crabs seem to like babylonias so i'm hoping they'll like these. mine only seem to like the Thais. i hope they like these cancellarias, whale eyes and the other ones i named above. if they do like them i'll be getting more of them.

i just put some in the downstairs tank and i have to leave for a bit. i'll put some in upstairs later and see what happens.

thanks again, i'm loving them.

4. CrabbyChris22

my crabs totally suck. i thought for sure that i would wake up tonight and not be able to recognize any crabs because they would all be in new shells. Ha! jokes on me i guess. out of 31 crabs, MAYBE 2 have changed, only one for sure. upstairs i saw a turbo running around that i don't remember seeing before that looks a lot like one of the ones i put in last night. the only change i know of for sure is downstairs a little E took a cancellaria shell.

i guess i should correct this to say of the crabs i saw out this morning, that's all the change i could see.

i did forget to mention the other day that my biggest crab, my very large bordering on jumbo (i think) PP was in a very pretty turbo that has stripes cut in cross way, he had changed into a japanese snail shell and then late that night decided to change again into a Land Snail shell. he looks very nice in that and i know it's a heck of a lot lighter in weight than that big turbo. the opening of the turbo is at very least 1.5", but not as big as 2" 'cause i tried one of them in there and it was huge. the snail shell openings are close to 2" though i think. he's just a biggun, but not as big as Danielle's Kirby (who i just happen to be looking at on the Addiction calendar this month).

would someone PLEASE tell these crabs to change into new shells? especially since i went and ordered all these really nice E shells????? they just piss me off.

5. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

Hello....to all Chrispy's crabs...
    Please change shells for her...so she can stop stressing out!!!!lol
    Hurry up now dang it!!!!! :pinkhat:

6. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

I think Chrispy's crabs better start hopping into new duds before she starts shopping for them at the thrift shop!!! :chuckle:

7. shmama

shmama Guest

:duck: I feel your pain! :sad5:
    I have spent so much on shells in the past (& just placed my first order with Mac's yesterday for a variety of smaller ones for the assortment in the 10g). I have a couple specific crabs that change & try on new shells regularly, but the majority of shells are ignored or dismissed. I have tried reboiling, refiling, scraping off sharp tips with a file, frequently soaking in sea water, ...the whole bit, plus I offer a rotating variety of shells & still not much luck, especially with the Straws :juggle: I have a few thinner type shells that they may like better in warmer weather. I have a few oversized (expensive -type) shells ready for when they grow. :headbang: I think I will be a "Crabber" for the rest of my life, I'm HOOKED! :cya:

8. CrabbyChris22

lol guys, that's funny, but thank you very much. i came home today from work and checked upstairs and i believe something has happened. i saw a turbo that looked suspiciously like my Indo Tune's yellow turbo. it's a distinct turbo as i don't have any others that color, this is it:

[img width=300 height=225]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/cricha22/Crabitat/03-03-07%20Upstairs/03-03-07120.jpg[/img].

i did find Tune a few minutes later in a much larger turbo and i'm sure a big PP was wearing it before. so, i don't know what the big PP took or who it is as i couldn't see it anywhere. i know this will get very confusing soon if this keeps up. i saw an E checking out the yellow turbo a few minutes ago. now, i'm gonna through the Es out the window if they do that. i go and get them all these wonderful E shells (Mac said an E paradise...) and what do they wanna do? they wanna take turbos. now how much sense does that make? all these whale eyes and all laying around and not only do they NOT want an E shell, but then they want someone else's castoffs instead of a brand new one. heck Kathy, they don't have to worry about ME shopping at the thrift store, they already are...

they are just turds.

9. MacandHunter

Well, at least he likes the turbo! I know I gave someone a light orange colored turbo, was that you? Not sure if that is the one, because I had about 3 of them. He looks nice in it!

10. CrabbyChris22

yes, you gave me a light orange turbo as a bonus, but that picture is not it. that orange one is pretty too but no one has taken that either. this turbo is yellow, never have seen one quite like it before. it went nicely with his purple but not he's taken a different tapestry. an E was checking out this yellow one but didn't take it; i may have scared him. so far this yellow turbo is still unclaimed, we'll see what happens.

11. CrabbyChris22

i loved the shells i got from Mac so much that i went and made a second order. i got 85 shells this time for less than $30!!!! that's just an awesome deal, it really is. i've been getting the 5 packs and i gotta say that the shells are in fantastic shape. thanks again Mac, they're wonderful.

i also got my very large order from Vicki. all i can say is WOW! you probably hate the smell of some of this stuff, but man when i opened the box up i was ready to dig in. it all smells so wonderful, like seasoning for soup or something. i love the little sample packs, the little one serving ones, they are cute.

i just can't say enough good things about either one of you. the only thing that comes close is that you guys ROCK!!!! :headbang:

thanks to both of you.

12. shmama

shmama Guest

I've got to agree with you Chrispy, I have been very pleased with all my orders from these ladies! Excellant stuff! BUT, please save some for the rest of us! :sad5: LOL :icon_biggrin: :pffftt: :toothy12:

13. CrabbyChris22

roflmao shmama. no, nope and nu uh, i don't have to save you nuthin', hehehehee :rubhands:

14. MacandHunter

Thanks Chrispy and shmama!! :dance2: Glad you like the packs, I need to get some more of those. :) shnmama, I am not a lady but I hope you still like your order anyway. :thumbsup:

15. vckums

vckums Moderator

Glad ya liked everything Chrispy. The night before I had bagged some anchovies but had no labels. So I printed out the labels the next day, dumped the bin of bagged anchovies on the table and OH MY GAWD..The smell was horrendous. I start dry heaving. Hubby's freaking out, not sure what was wrong. I had to get away from the table fast. Once I opened the back door and turned the ceiling fan on I was ok.. Too bad i didnt label those tonight as i cant breathe out of my nose to save my life right now. :sad5:

16. CrabbyChris22

roflmao. i'm sorry that you can't stand the smells and that happens, but that's funny. i just got a visual of you standing there turning green and dry heaving. oy. yeah, last night would have been the night for the bagging though with the clogged nose. maybe today you'll still be stuffy and you can do them.

i've got some issues with smells, but i'm ok w/ seafood unless it's spoiled or something, then i have a problem. other things get me gagging and dry heaving though. you know my whole body fluid issue, that's a doosy...

17. acrabbymomma

acrabbymomma Guest

:think: I have a problem, my pp's seem to only want turbo's and i can not find a good turbo dealer with a selection here in town does anyone have any ideas. Who is the best person to go through on buying a big slection of all diffrent sizes of turbos. :sad11: :sad5: :crybaby2: :thanks:Amanda

18. MacandHunter

Hi there,

You can go on my site ( http://www.macsshellshack.com ) and type in the word "turbo" in the search box, and all my turbo shells will come up. I have them from 1/2 - 2 1/4 inches opening, and everything in bettween.

19. CrabbyChris22

pp's GENERALLY like Turbos, but once in a while you'll find one that likes a murex, snail shell or a couple of different ones. mostly they like turbos though, but you should still give them choices other than only turbos.

i'll vouch for Mac though, he's got good prices, the shells are in good shape, and they get to you quickly.

measure the openings of your crabs current shells and then order some the same size and some slightly larger.

20. shmama

shmama Guest

:oops: ...So sorry Mac about the gender mistake, I still love your shells tho. lol
    ...& Chrispy, you Share Nice! :tongue3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.