1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shells...

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by crazy4crabs, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Im in need of som large shells. I also have tond of small and mediums shells i am willing to swap. email me or Pm me

2. hermom

hermom "Never Molted"

By larger, what size shell opening are you in need of? And do you mind if they're cast-offs, as opposed to new, pretty shells? Where do you live, as shipping could be a major problem. Note - the webmaster will (to my understanding) be opening a new store soon with select shells, so you might want to follow up on the store opening.[​IMG]

3. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Hope the store opens up soon im in need of some more shells too i have about 3-4 of each size for my hermies but there shapes vary , and well i dont think they like some of them .
    Just wanna make sure theve got plenty of choice .

4. hermom

hermom "Never Molted"

Can you tell me what the current opening size is (in inches), whether they're currently in a round, oval, or slit shell?
    If they're currently comfortable in the shells they're in, I'd suggest waiting until the store opens so you can order by size opening and type. If not, let me know and I can try and find some used shells for the time being. (Is anyone in serious moult now?)
    () hermie wave

5. crazy4crabs

umm well i just got back from a trip to ohio so i dont hvae any moeny for shells. i dont know excatly how big the openings are that i need but they are jumbo crabs... if that helps?

6. hermom

hermom "Never Molted"

[​IMG]I was thinking more along the line of swapping shells rather than selling them to you, to help out in the meantime. However, my newest guys (E'S) are jumbos as well, and I've just bought a new supply for them of first-class, beautiful shells - especially the hand-carved "dolphin" shells & African Turbos. If you can just hold off for a while, rumour has it that the new store will have all these and more soon at irresistable prices. Besides which, even if you have somebody ready to moult now, a jumbo may take several months.
    Hope this helps. (But one thing you will need to know in order to buy shells that will fit is the current opening size of their shells. New ones should be at least 1/4" larger than what they're in.)
    ()

7. crazy4crabs

oh.. thats sounds good. what kind of sheel do u need? i have tone of small to medium shells.. i can measure them if you would like me too.

8. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Perhaps post pictures with a coin next to the shells?

9. crazy4crabs

oOo... I never though of that..... I will post pics ASAP [​IMG]

10. crazy4crabs

well i dont have pics but i do have sizes. I need at least a 1/12 inch opening. that is how big my crabs shells is now. I also have tons of micro and small shells i would be willing to swap

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Here are some that may fit what you need--do you still need them?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

I got my crab shells at Michaels craft store. They were in a basket for 1.99 and there were probably 10-13 I could use. Some were quite small and others were about the size of a ping-pong ball. I have three crabs that changed right into them within a day. Of course I disinfected them (dipped them in boiling water) and then into a salt water. They were beserk. One shell was black and white with pokey spines down it and little Shellie tried it on last night. It is quite heavy for him but he likes it. Good luck on your search for shells.

13. crazy4crabs

umm I got a couple small ones but yeah still looking for big ones.

14. crazy4crabs

anything with pearl in it? hollywood is very superfical and picky about what she will wear... probably because she was in a natural shell that was wayy too small when I first got her (lol) she only goes for thr pretty shells

15. ZanZan

ZanZan (Micro Crab)

16. crazy4crabs

Hmm... I dont know... I have some of those and hollywood seriously wont even look at them. maybe someone else will though

17. ZanZan

ZanZan (Micro Crab)

18. crazy4crabs

well i think i have enough for now.. im getting more for christmas so ill wait to see what i get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.