1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shells from sea shells city

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by clover, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

are these shells ok? someone from another site who has been crabbing since like the 1990's reccomended them to me

Sea Shell City - Bulk Shell Mixes
    (i am talking about getting the small mix or the medium mix)
    my problem is it doesnt say if the given sizes are for openings or for how long across it is.

my smallest crab opening is about.5 inches and my biggest crab might be a bit over one inch so what do i do. wait my smallest crab is to big for her shell and my biggest crab is to big for his shell. i feel really bad because i always see my biggest guy looking at the 4 choices i have but he doesnt like them he is always rolling them around and feeling inside of them so i know he wants to switch but the pet stores only have D shaped opening shells.

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Those shells seem great! A few of them could only be used for food shells, though. I'll ask my parents if I could get some!

3. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Woops I have to edit this, I hadn't scrolled all the way down the page.

Clover, you mean the medium mix near the middle of the page, or the pretty assortments near the bottom? I don't see a medium mix there, so I suppose you mean the large lot. I don't see many in that picture that PP's would like.

I find it much better to spend $5 on a few shells that I know for sure my crabs will probably like, rather than $5 on a huge batch hoping there might be something in it they can use.

As for the selection at the bottom of the page, those are very pretty shells. :) In the small mix, only the 6 on the left are Turbo shells that PP's like, though, the other 5 (talking about the small shell lot) are D shaped openings. Equadorians like those. :)

These are some good shells for PP's:6 Gold Mouth Turbo Shells Seashells Hermit Crabs 2" WOW - eBay (item 330321619203 end time Apr-18-09 21:10:56 PDT)

And so are these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fernandezi-Snai...h=item270374655104&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Find a few different lots from one seller on ebay, and they often combine the shipping charges for you, so it ends up a lot cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.