1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shell pit

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by rugh1982, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

hi guys,
    how do u setup your shell area?
    i`m asking because yesterday i washed and dried all of my empty shells and putted them on the sand in one corner.
    the next morning the shells were all sandy again.
    1. will this bother the hermies? do they dislike shells with sand inside?
    2. do u put your shells on some kind of plate or in a container to prevent them from filling with your substrate?
    thanks

2. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

Well some people make a second story shell shop for their hermies. While other people juust shake the substrate out of the shells every other day or so (like me). It really depends on what you like or want to do. You can make a second story or leave them on the sub. or you can put them in a small container in the crabitat.

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

I have a plastic ziploc container half buried in the sand full of their shells with a few strewn about as well. If they like a shell they dont care about sand really ;) there is noone in the wild washing their shells for them lol
    BTW your package shipped today should be there in 5-10 days ;)

4. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

Great, thanks cloie :)
    all the stuff i ordered from eBay started arriving yesterday.
    i`m building a small shrimp tank (it`s from the same pet family :) ) in my old, small, 2gallon crabitat
    and i hope the hygrometer i ordered will arrive soon (i think my tank is too damp actually)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.