1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shell molt????

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by DEBBIE, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Well here's one I've never seen on here before. Today I was cleaning and rearranging and I was rinsing out shells that I keep in crabitat and a pincher fell out.

I was shocked and went to check on my babies, and they are all fine!

I have a couple of very large shells in the tank that a couple of my babies go in to hide. Since I acquired a couple of new crabs the other week, and 1 was very small and 1 was very large, and I already had 2 mediums, I thought that while they were getting acquainted I would leave them alone to destress. That's when I realized that the small and 1 medium were going into the 2 large shells.

So I peeked in from time to time and today, like I said while rinsing out the shells a pincher fell out. Is it possible that the small one molted inside the large shell? (the very large shells are big enough that they can climb into them while they are still in their "home" shells. The small is up, and about and her pincher is fine. It seems to have more color than before but the rest of her nails are not sharp like she has molted.

I know for a fact that none of them have dug down to molt since I got the new ones.

Any ideas, let me know.

:tease1:

Debbie

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:dork2: crabs can be dorks and throw us curve balls and we may never know the answers to it