1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shell fights - help!

Discussion in 'Shells' started by CrabbyOne, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyOne

CrabbyOne Guest

It's been a long time since I've posted here or on CrabStreetJournal....I've been so busy and I apologize....I hope everyone's been doing well!

I really need to know what to do here, I have a recently molted crab who's been up now for 2 days, and a PMSing crab who's been eating everything in sight, soaking the sand and generally trashing the tank. Well the PMSing crab has ripped the recently molted crab out of his shell twice and has made 2 more attempts today, but I caught him in time. Thank God I've been working from home otherwise Pokey may be dead by now.

I've moved the PMSer to another tank for the 2nd time already (I've given them all a bath together and thought that had worked, but...nope...it didn't) with tons of shells of every type and size. AND I'm going to be gone for 10 days starting Saturday and my husband is going to look after them. But he certainly won't be changing the water and food out of 2 tanks, so I need to figure out how to get the PMSer to stop doing that so that I can move him back into the main tank....any ideas? Or will I always have to keep them separate now?

BTW, they are both Es and, as you all know, they are EXTREMELY picky about their shells....

Sherry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.