1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She is DEAD! :(

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by HERMEZ, Nov 27, 2006.

1. veltish

veltish Guest

I am so sorry! i too am going through a death.. though im sure you had much more of an emotional attachment to tiny "tina".  you clearly tried your best, she wouldnt have even made it a day without you!

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Oh man, I was hoping Tina was gonna pull through this. I'm sorry Herm-EZ... :tear:.

You DON"T suck, no one here does, you know that. If Tina was in the wild she wouldn't of made it, not even for a day. You did all you could, don't blame yourself. You have other hermies that need their mama's attention. Chin up girl! You did your best!  ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) :pinkr2:

Sialea, So glad to hear your Sharkey pulled through. I hope he has a great molt! :petals:

3. *smacks Herm-EZ* you do NOT SUCK!  You were truely Tina's hero in those last days and she would have been horribly MISERABLE if not for you!  You gave her a fighting chance, however, she went through too much to survive!  Think about how much happier she was!  She ate, drank, etc!  You made her last days happy and that was worth it, no?

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I'm crying with you, but she's in crabby heaven telling all her friends what a wonderful mommy you are!

4. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Oh Herm!  I SOOOOO sorry!  You did the best you could... You are still an AWESOME mamma!  :hail:

Hugs to you! 

5. kbgrace

kbgrace (Micro Crab)

I am so sorry.  I was really hoping she was going to be okay.  It is harder to deal with I think, because she acted so strong and seemed to be doing so well even with such grave injuries. You know by the way she looked at you that she was very aware of your care and your love for her.  You gave her the best care she could have and that is honorable not sucky!!!! 

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Wickeds right Hermz. You did everything you could possible do. There wasn't another thing to do. You do not suck! I hear that again out of you and I will come there and smack you.
    Hang in there chickie.  :blowheart:

7. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm with Vicki and Wicked.  I'll drive up there and smack you for all of us if I see you write that again Miss Herm-EZ. 

So many people out there would not have done a 10th of what you did for that poor baby.  Heck, I'm not even sure I could have gone through all of what you did for her.  You gave Tina the best opportunity she could have had with what life dealt her.

I am SO sorry that she didn't make it despite all your efforts.  She was a trooper though.  Please just know that you did everything you could've done and that what happened was for a reason, even though you may never know it.

8. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thanks- I am just going crazy--I left her sitting in a morning sunbeam eating after she has spashed around in her water pool--I was thinking that would be a nice pic- but I was late for work and left  :tear: I cant help but wonder if something I did was wrong

9. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Oh no, I am so sorry Tina didnt make it.  When she was eating like that, I just kind of thought she was going to molt and be ok. It does NOT sound like you did anything wrong.  You took great care of the tiny girl.  I think we all feel pretty crappy when we lose one, but this is definitely not your fault. 

Sialea, I am glad that Sharkey is doing well. 

10. Sialea

Sialea Guest

Herm...I truly know how you feel.  When I got home yesterday I found Sharkey had passed away.  I guess the strain of the molt was too much.  I like to thik he is keeping little Tina company on a beach somewhere.  I am sorry for your loss...I know how hard it is to try and try but sometimes it just doesnt seem like enough.  But she went loved and safe.  That shows what a great person you are...despite her handicaps, you still loved her. I had Sharkey for over a month in that condition but still he left.  We do all that we can do.

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Yeah that is a comforting thought the two of them together- maybe that is why they chose to go the same time.  :pinkr2:

12. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Oh no,  Sharkey too!  I thought he was recovering.  I am so sorry.

13. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Oh, HermChickie.....I am SOOOOO Sorry!!! :crybaby2:

Yes, I am really crying here.  I had so hoped that she would make it!  But she had been through so much, and the stress of really not being able to move on her own, was apparently too much for the little gal.  I KNOW that she stood a much better chance of surviving with YOU versus anyone else!

I can't say enough, how truly sorry I am!  :love9:

(((((((((((HermChickie)))))))))))))

14. Sialea

Sialea Guest

I find it comforting to think theyre together....he had it good while with me..eating all that squid :tuna:and molting food with honey or tahini...maybe they are on that tropical beach chowing on some squid and coconut!  I miss his little eyes but I know he's happy and so is Tina. 

15. Crabby1

Crabby1 "Third Molt, A Success"

I'm sorry about Tina..aka Tim.  You did everything you possibly could and you should feel good about that!  Feel better soon.
    :blowheart:

16. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

So sorry you lost Tina!  :tear: You really did try your best to make her comfortable. Her last days were better with you than they would have ever been with most anyone else or in the wild. She was just so small and her injuries just too much for her... :tear:    ((((((((((((Herm-EZ)))))))))))))