1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She is DEAD! :(

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by HERMEZ, Nov 27, 2006.

1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Re: UNBELIEVABLE--WHY ME??????

Thanks Chris--he did not eat this AM but spent alot of time in the water--I left him on top of a dish of cuttlebone and his LP crushed up- I hope he eats something~! He is cool- he comes to see me when I pick him up--sometimes skiddish but still responsive  :dance2:

2. Re: UNBELIEVABLE--WHY ME??????

If I were a Hermie I would want you as my momma!

:D

3. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Oh no Crabaddict.  Not you too.  I hope your little Elan comes up whole.

4. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thanks kathleen! I hope so too. Wow someone actually read what I wrote! :petals:

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

*sigh* he is NOT eating again- but is drinking or playing in the water---tonight before I go to bed I will try something else. I had a talk with him and he came out but not far--seems his antenna is now stuck to his other eye- I tried to get a toothpick to move it off but he flinched back- I hope to heck it doesnt harden like that  :shuffle:

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I think we all did--just everyone was caught up with Tim - sorry about your crabby- I hope his molt is sucessful- thanks for the tips  :cowboy_wink:

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

I have no intentions on not focusing on Tim, I am going through this too, and wanted to offer help.

Remember, hermit crabs do not eat everyday. Tim not eating for a day or two is not a bad thing, keep trying though like you are.

8. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

That is true, HermChickie....Crabaddict is right.....they don't eat, or even drink every day, so don't get discouraged. 

I can see it now....HermChickie will keep feeding him until he looks like a basketball with eyeballs!  And once those gel legs begin to form, he will look like an orange Chia Pet!  Poor little guy has no clue how truly spoiled he will be by the end of this ordeal! :pinkhat:

9. Re: UNBELIEVABLE--WHY ME??????

After he molts and gets all his limbs back..he'll be banging his BP on the glass wanting to be hand fed. 

10. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

You gals are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :pointandlaugh:

11. Sialea

Sialea Guest

OH MY GOSH!  I think you stole my crab!  Your TIny TIm looks exactly like the one I bought in that condition.( my son named him Shareky)  I thought he would certainly go to crab heaven but its been over a month and he's still going strong.  I also prop him in the wter and food dishes...he gets first choice...and before I go to bed each night, I make him a little nest in the EE.  He has 3 gel limbs right now and had a 4th but it must have fallen off when he went to eat or drink.  I am dreading a molt because I dont want to lose him.  He will be such a beautiful little straw when he's whole.  I wish you the very best of luck with you little one and I certainly feel what you are going through.  Wish I could send pics...you can see his new limbs growing in.

12. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

WOW yours is a straw baby? Good luck I would think you have more work ahead than I---best wishes for your little one.  :Good-Luck:

13. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Re: New pics of Tim eating

In these pics you can see that his antenna is stuck to his eye now and the eye seems to be going away  :thumbdown:
    [img=297x300]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/1eyebal005.jpg[/img]
    [img=300x294]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/2drinking016.jpg[/img]

here are some shots of him eating--fascinating how resilant they are
    [img=293x300]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/2drinking008.jpg[/img]
    [img=300x253]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/1eyebal007.jpg[/img]
    [img=300x186]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/1eyebal013.jpg[/img]
    I feel better he ate twice today so far!  :partyhat4:

14. Re: New pics of Tim eating

Awwww!  What a little trooper!

15. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Look at that little trooper!!!!  Bless his little heart! :-*

HermChickie, did you get my last PM?  Something weird happened when I sent it. :headscratch:

16. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I'm still praying for you guys!  I so hope Tim makes it!  :pinkr2:

17. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

ya know I thought it said I had a message but I dont remember seeing it when I logged on and I was rushing--e-mail me instead okie doke  :thanks:

18. kathleen

kathleen Guest

that has got to bea good sign that he keeps eating like that.  He is lucky he is in your house instead of on a beach somewhere.  I dont think anyone would be tanking care  of him like this  out in the wild.

19. veltish

veltish Guest

You MUST be a crabby god :hail:  ( err...uhh ..goddess)..hehe

20. kbgrace

kbgrace (Micro Crab)

What a brave little guy!  You are doing a great job with him!  He looks good for all his injuries. That is awesome news that he is eating well.

Kelly