1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your favorite recipes and food!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by lovelylivelycrabs, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

I just wanted to make a thread where people could post their favorite recipes for their crabs, and maybe discuss what foods our hermies seem to like best!

My crabs LOVE baby carrot and dried banana chips, they really like apples too. They also love acorns I soaked in saltwater overnight and drained, and they love dried maple leaves! I made this recipe (courtesy of cloie74) where you microwave 1/4 cup long grain rice, 1/2 cup water, and a chunk of chicken/ground beef/etc. together and cook it for 5 minutes and then mix in something different each time you change their food. I didn't have any chicken or ground beef, so I mixed in sardines. I woke up this morning and it was all over the tank. I think they liked it :) I'm excited to give them a piece of the pot roast I cut off before I seasoned it, I get to give them some chicken tomorrow night since that's going to be dinner for me (yay poultry!). :)

So what do you make for your crabs? Do they like one thing more than another (all of them do, don't they?)?
    :D

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Mine love fresh popped popcorn! And peanut butter and honey. I don't really make recipes.

3. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I've been doing Cloie's recipe too! I added some spirulina last night (along with all the other dried foods I feed them daily) and there is green rice literally everywhere...on the glass, on the sand, etc. I was at first skeptical of them eating the chicken/rice combo every day, but doesn't seem like they mind!

Mine also like pork chop, with soybean oil (roll the raw chop piece in the oil) and drizzled with orange blossom honey, then microwaved 20 seconds. Oh, and shrimp sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with lime juice and fruit pieces on top.

4. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

My crabs tear it up when I serve it hot, but when I serve it cold, it's untouched. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.