1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serving Sizes

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by banana77, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banana77

banana77 Hi, I'm New Here!

I just received my first order from the Addiction Store and am a little unsure of exactly how much food to put in the dish.

I have two PPs, one large and one small. Do I mix the contents of some of the goody bags together? Or just give them a taste of each on separate nights?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. wadester

wadester "First Molt In Progress"

I do both. Some nights i just put 1-2 things in and keep them seperate, sometimes i mix it alot of things up. From what i have read, you only need to feed them what they would eat in 24 hours. Then change it out as to not attract bugs. I do always keep a chunkof cuttlebone in feed tray.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

:hermez2: :welcome: When I get my orders I just mix'em up. sea food,bugs,veggie's,seeds,trail mixes,cuttlebone powder,power powder.a little spuralina powder.things like bee pollen,scrambled eggs, sea weeds, bark. I just mix it all up in one big bag. The only thing I keep seperate is fruits, and flowers. but I don'nt put all the contence of the powders in the bag. If I want too, I give them more. And I give them about 2 quarter size of food. A pinch of flowers and the same for fruit.They never eat it all and I have 8. :cstrut2:

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Dry foods can be kept in there until eaten or they accidentally get wet. One of my gus decided to put a dried blackberry into the salt water pool. Made the pool a pretty purple lol

I keep a dry bowl in the tank and nightly put in fresh foods. I do a nickle/quarter size pieces of fruit etc.

5. banana77

banana77 Hi, I'm New Here!

:twirl:Thanks for the recommendations. I am not sure if the two are eating any of the food. It's moved around in the dish, but I don't see any nibble marks or missing food! I sure feel better about giving them all this good stuff, but I hope they like it, too!
    :banana:

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I'm sure they will love it. Mine do! hermit crabs eat very little. Sometimes the only way to know is to catch them in the bowl. If their in the food their eating the food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.