1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serving Food

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by ItsMeg, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

What do you say the best way to serve food would be? Do I just serve the apple slice? Or do I chop it up in little peices?

Do I chop up the bits of shrimp as well?

Hmm.. any help?

2. Donna M

Donna M "First Molt, A Success"

Hi Meg,
    You could serve it either way. Their claws are remarkably strong. Apples are pretty soft, so I usually just toss a small chunk in the tank. I always remove the peel, however, as I'm afraid of them ingesting insecticides. Othr Cooked shrimp and fish I tend to cut up. Dried shrimp and other dried hermit crab foods can be served just as it comes, or you can moisten it with dechlor water. You can experiment to see which way they like it. Two of my crabs are very small, so I tend to chop up a lot of the foods I serve to help them out! LOL!

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

You don't have to chop it but you can. As Donna M said their claws are really strongso they will be able to break it up. You can just toss little bits but crabs don't eat much anyway so you don't have to feed big slices or bits. I keep the exo etc on shrimp because it's good for them.

4. cococrispy132

cococrispy132 "Never Molted"

Yeah I agree with Donna M you can serve it anyway. If you have smaller hermit crabs you might want to chop it up a little but you shouldn't have to do that.

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Their claws are really strong! Once Sherbert ate cuttlebone uncrushed!! Some crabs like it mushy better, though. It might depend on their personalities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.