1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Santa

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by vckums, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

ok T, I sent ya a pm on that

2. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I haven't gotten mine either... but I still have hope! :cheesygrin:

3. Okay, it's Saturday and I RAN downstairs, climbed up on the counter and pulled down my box. It was a matter of seconds before the box was ripped open, wrapping paper off and I got to see what was in there!

This cute little chinese take out type box! :D
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306006.jpg[/img]

And it was PACKED full of this!

[img width=300 height=225]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306008.jpg[/img]

Thank you THANK YOU Secret Santa! Please identify yourself! :D That was SOOOOO nice!

Well this got me in the mood to give my crabbies a super special treat. So my egg shells from baking were dry so I dragged out my mortar and pestal (Which when I bought it at William Sonoma, I had NO idea I'd use it for THIS!) and began to crush...which led to one thing then another...

Egg shells
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306009.jpg[/img]

Cuttlebone (I buy the multi packs now for the bird and the crabs)
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306010.jpg[/img]

Almond, peanut and cashew mixture (All non salt and organic)
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306012.jpg[/img]

And here's their feast!!!

[img width=300 height=256]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/wicked_annabella/December2306014.jpg[/img]

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Veltish and Tara, did you get your gifts yet?

5. kbgrace

kbgrace (Micro Crab)

I wondered how long it take you today to tear into that package, Wick! I had to cover the crabbies eyes though so they weren't jealous of the feast you were preparing.

I confess that I opened mine at 12:30 am when I got home from taking my sister to the ER but my 14 year old was on the computer then.

And actually there will be a scrumptious Christmas dinner feast in our crabitat featuring Dried Crystal Red Shrimp, Freeze Dried Chicken Chunks, Freeze Dried Mealworms, and Hibiscus Flowers for dessert - compliments of my Secret Santa!

Thanks so very very much! This is so awesome! I did not have any of these foods so I am very excited for the crabbies to try them! Hopefully i can get some pics of the festivities!

:thanks: Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

LMAO!!!!Wick!!!! That made my morning, Im laughing so hard at you climbing the counter. How tall are you???

I'll open mine later on, I gotta feed the kids in a bit LOL

7. I'm 5'6" but my husband (who is over 6') put it up on top of our upper cabinets (which are extra tall because we have 9' ceilings). So I had to STAND on the counter to reach! LOL

Here's something to add to the visual...my pink rabbit slippers...

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

LOL!! Too bad it wasn't video taped! :dancin:

9. kathleen

kathleen Guest

I had you Wicked. I am glad you liked your gift. As soon as I saw those cute little boxes on Vicki's site I knew that was what I was giving. Oh, and I almost fell off my chair when I read your address. I live in Frankfort.

I have been staring at my gift for days forcing myself to leave it alone. I tried to stay up til midnight last night, but couldnt make it. I dashed downstairs and opened my gift first thing this morning. I didnt have to scale any cabinets though. lol I got sea supper, and a selection of dried flowers. My crabs will be so happy. Thank you secret santa!!

10. vckums

vckums Moderator

I did 2 Secret Santas this year. I got a really kewl bamboo plant from Joey. I can't wait til I do a deep clean and add it. It's meage kewl looking!
    My other Secret Santa was Joanna. I got some bath soaps which are very girly and my boys aren't allowed to use them! They smell soooooo good. They are called "a ring of roses", "honey I washed the kids", "big calm" and "rockstar". I'm gonna smell gooooood. I also got some Greek cookies and man were they good. There's only a few left hehehe..
    Cocoa also got a few presents from Joanna, Greenies, rawhide bones and 2 cute stuffed toys to play with. She ran off with one, then came back and snagged a bone.

Thank you Secret Santas you ROCK!!!! :giverose:

11. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Hehe, I'm really glad you, Cocoa and the kiddies like your gifts. I'm happy your happy, lol! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :cheesygrin:

12. vckums

vckums Moderator

Tell me ya got your box!

13. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I opened my box today. Tara was my secret Santa, and I was hers too. Tara sent me a bag of Lindt Chocolate Truffles (YUM!) and the COOLEST T-shirt. It's from one of my ALL TIME favorite movies, "The Christmas Story". It's a picture with Flick's tongue stuck on the pole with Ralphie nearby and the top of it says, "I Triple Dog Dare You!".

I love it Tara, thank you so much. I'm going to be so bummed if you didn't get yours on time. I had to wait until I got my paycheck to send it but I did send it Priority on Monday.

14. kathleen

kathleen Guest

I love that movie! We had 3 dogs that would just stampede to the door when anyone came over. My sister would yell "Bumpuses F#$#@&** Bumpuses!" ( not sure I spelled that right)

15. veltish

veltish Guest

Sorry i havent been on to post .. ive been super dooper busy!!!

I was up till almost 3 a.m. this morning I.. as i was laying in bed almost asleep( this was at 2: 15) .. i remembered that i could officially open my secret santa gift!! so i flew outta bed and opened it.. only Trigger was awake to watch ( except for casper.. but as soon as i was outta bed, he tucked back into his shell.. he's still really shy) well anyways.. my present was from kbgrace... and i had her too!!! i got one of those corner water dishes( which i LOVE), and a bunch of food!! all of witch i didnt have.. except a 3-pepper mix( which i think was just a sample thrown in)! well, of course i had to do a little rearranging to add in the water dish.. and i threw in a little bit of the new food i got too.. trigger was on the Epicurean mangrove Meal right away.. and later tonight Ogie, Dozer, and Billie were all in it munching down together.

It was a great gift!! thank you kelly!! And i hope you enjoy yours( and your crabbies too!) P.S. I loved the home-made card.. it was very cute...

16. LMAO! We had each other! That's too funny!

17. kbgrace

kbgrace (Micro Crab)

Party's on in the crabitat! I just heard the clink - John Cena (my 9 year old is a wrestling fan) just tankdove into the food dish and is chowing down on the shrimp you sent, veltish! I mixed it with mushrooms and seaweed!
    The little guys will be along after he finishes, I'm sure. They always wait until he leaves.

I'm so glad you like your gift. We love yours!!!! Thanks again, Ashley!!!

18. tara

tara "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Yes! I was gone all day yesterday but got back about 11pm and there, on my doorstep, was a package from Chrispy! Y'all should see the cute gingerbread man stuff she found for me:
    two chocolate gingerbread man candies that came with gingerbread man cookie cutters; a really cute Santa Claus and Rudolph hot chocolate mug; a gingerbread ornament kit(little brown funfoam gingerbread men and houses complete with white, pink and yellow glitter glue pens to decorate them with); two realistic-looking gingerbread man and woman ornaments; a cute, handpainted Santa Claus ornament made from a soda can(Chrispy, did you make that? It's adorable!) and last but not least, the most adorable little stuffed plush toy gingerbread man! He's my little buddy!

You got way too many goodies for me, Chrispy, but I love them all! Thank you so much!
    [​IMG] I hope you like yours from me.

[img width=300 height=170]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/TaraGwen/gingerbreadmanblk.gif[/img]

19. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

I got it, I got it!
    After my family and I were done opening our gifts, this Christmas morning, I heard the door bell ring. It was the mail man to my surprise! A box came for me, I was excited. It was my secret santa gift (from Vicki)!
    I got an awesome make up purse kit, in my favorite colors, black and pink,
    a candle set with multicolored candles a piece of grape vine, a pair of pink fluffy socks and finally a Chinese take out box full of goodies for the hermies! Thank you Vicki, I love everything very much! What great gifts!
    Merry Christmas!!! :partyhat4:

20. MomToDixie

MomToDixie "First Molt In Progress"

I got my food from Vicki's store and some new shells!

Thanks Secret Santa :partyhat4:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.