1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seashell Shop

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by krackersmom2, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

My trip to the local sea shell shop out on Padre Island was a huge success as far as finding a variety of shell types and sizes! Everythig was dirt cheap too. Most of my shells cost .49-.89 cents. Some of the nicer shells were $1.99 but those were some of the more exotic shells. They also had natural sea sponges 2/$1.00. They had all sizes of coral and even the shells that are good to use for dishes. They had hermie huts really cheap too.
    I was less than impressed with their hermie habitat. It was open-air and had no temp./humdiity gauges. All the hermies were in painted shells:eek:. They even had those horrible tiny plastic boxes for sale. The substrate was a layer of aquarium gravel. There were some huts for hiding and the tank was crabitat was clean w/ food and water. None of the crabs were out and about exploring. There were a few natural shells thrown in the crabitat...kind of looked like an after thought.
    I bought a load of sea shells for my crabbies! Some of you who are looking for huge shells, I might be able to help you out for a small fee. They also had some really small shells..sea snail, turbos, welks...everything imaginable.

2. krackersmom2

Here's a pic of my find at the sea shell shop. Got all of this for less than $8.00!:D

Attached Files:

3. hermie101

hermie101 (Micro Crab)

thats a good deal.

4. krackersmom2

Help!!! My two small crabs are going crazy changing shells. I bought all of those new shells and they can't get enough of trying them on. One little guy has changed shells five times this afternoon :eek:. I got his first shell change of the afternoon on video! I wish my mediums would come up and join the party. My bigger one really needs to change to a bigger shell...for some reason he prefers to keep himself crammed into a shell that he can't even pull his legs into very much. Maybe he will like the new selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.