1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seascapes - Mountain View, CA

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Yadokari, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Seascapes - pet store

Any hermit crab fans living in the Bay Area been to this pet shop? It's amazing :) It's not really a pet shop dedicated to just hermit crabs but they have a small 10 gallon tank with proper humidity/temp/substrate/etc filled with a handful of hermit crabs (not overcrowded of course). Sizes range from micro to small. It's a ma & pop pet store so the quality of their items are great. By the way, they have E's here. It's actually my first time finding an E in pet stores in the Bay Area. All I can find from other sellers are just PPs. And as much as I love my PPs (12 of them) I still want variety of species. I highly suggest going to Seascapes if you're new hermit crab caretaker because the employees are very knowledgeable. Oh! and if you can't find E's, then this place carries them. I recently just bought 2 micro E's here :) So cute.

By the way, I'm new to this forum. I've had hermit crabs for a year now. Up until recently, all I had were 12 PPs. Just recently got E's and my God, they're amazing. So much more active than PP's and I love their blue/green color. I'm trying to look for other species now, especially strawberries. Any Bay Area hermit fans out there that can direct me to a store that sells strawberries? I searched through the forum pages and found petco to be selling them. However, they're petcos in different states. So I'm stumped :( Personally, I'd prefer local ma & pa pet stores, but whatever is fine too.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

HI *waves spastically* I'm in the bay area! I hadn't heard of that store, but would love to check it out! Thanks for the info on it.

As for Straws, many Petcos carry them. I've seen them in the store where I am. Most local mom and pops carry PP or E's out here. That's all Ive seen. I've found the exotics at a few Petcos around me.

3. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Hii :)

I've called like, 5 different Petcos around the Bay Area. They all said they carry Strawberries but none are in stock. I'm sooo sad! I'm really hoping they restock soon. I want some small strawberries >_<

4. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

It's nice to see a stor that takes care of their crabs. Gives them less post-purchase stress.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

I can check the few that are by me if you'd like. If they have any I can come back home and send you a PM telling you the store and how many.

6. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Wow :0 that'd be fantastic if you could, it'd be a HUGE favor!

I'm actually going to call all 5 of those Petcos again tomorrow (LOL). They said they get new shipment every tuesday, and seeing as how today is Christmas, tomorrow will probably shipment day.
    I'm excited !
    <|8-D <- me, excited in a party hat.

Merry X-mas everyone!

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ok will do! It gives me an excuse to go out shopping. LOL Shhhhhh

8. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

No strawberries in Petcos again T_T I'm so sad.
    They said they haven't gotten them for a few months now. Apparently, they're harder to get or something.

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

I checked the 5 around me, none have them in either. So sorry! I will keep checking for you

10. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Aww, thanks :)
    I've called many petcos and they all don't have it. Straws are so hard to get! I went to a Petco the other day and the manager said the reason his store doesn't carry Straws is because they don't have the right habitat for them to keep em in. I looked in their PP tank and found so many dead crabs. Clearly, they don't have the right habitat for them either :(

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

One told me to check next Thursday. The others didnt give a date.

12. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I forgot to mention this store is on Castro street.
    I went to Seascapes again yesterday and ended up buying 5 Es. Only place I can find Es (and good ones at that)! They're so freaking amazing. If I could marry Seascapes, I would. I bought 4 small Es and 1 that just reached "large" on the chart. Ahh... I love them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.