1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Weed

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Love4HermitCrabs, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

Hello I was just wondering if your Hermies like Seaweed? Mine Hate it with a passion.. I have tried all the different kinds, fresh and dried and they won't touch it. Nblank and I traded some Hermie stuff, I gave her a piece for her Hermies and she said that her Hermies didn't like it either. So I was wondering how many of you have tried it and what did your Hermies think of it??
    Sandra

2. oimsofunny

oimsofunny Hi, I'm New Here!

Some of my hermies dont like it either. I get the dried and then grind some of it up real small and put it in their food. They usually eat some of it. I also leave some larger pieces for the ones that do like it.

3. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] Well so far this is what i have tried ,
    Frozen SanFrancisco bay brand "Emerald Entree" which i place one cube in a deep shell dish let thaw and drain the excess water off it and it leaves a icky green chunk, they would not touch it at all. [​IMG]
    Then dry SanFrancisco Bay brand "Seaweed Salad" well that didnt go over well nither i tried ripping it up small enough to place in with there food and they just left that and ate around it or they would throw it outa the dish into the sand.. Smart crabbies they are.. [​IMG] LOL!! So both food items were not a hit.. [​IMG] Im trying to remember where i saw a place to order fresh moist seaweed and was thinking on giving that a whorl with some seasalt on it..

4. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I have tried Sushi Nori-it's the roasted (dried) seaweed (no seasoning) from Asian Grocer On line. Mine seem to really like it. I haven't tried frozen seaweed though-I would imagine it smells bad [​IMG]

5. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Hey Kuplakrabs, thanks for the heads up on that i just saw that stuff Sushi Nori seaweed someplace i was just at i will have to go back see what i can find on it.. [​IMG] It would be great to find some good seaweeds that they will indeed eat. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.