1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scavengers and I don't mean the crabs!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, May 18, 2011.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

this week is city wide clean up and at the library we have been cleaning out old out dated books that are inter library based stat books, old reference books, books that tell how to operate a p.c. old atlases, just things that wouldn't mean anything to a person that wasn't a librarian. even a old heavy copy machine that is out dated that doesn't have hardly any metal on it. someone came and got it with in 1/2 of it being taken out the door!  you sit and think why? It's like why are we paying the garbage guys extra to haul the stuff away when everyone is taking everyone elses junk? we should just have a huge swap meet instead! Well I got things done that I have been wanting to do for over a yr now, got all the geneolgy stuff oranized and together, the bio's are moved and together in spot, they were split up now we have an empty spot for more of the christian books that everyone reads like kingsbury, gray and the others

2. Rubetta

Rubetta Hi, I'm New Here!

Everyone thought I was crazy when I would take old Biology and Chemistry textbooks.  The thing is when I have to write a report for class and have to have x amount of sources, I have old textbooks that I can quote and they are reliable sources.  College is tough but getting creative makes it easier.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

That is also kinda funny Scoobdoo cause it was our city wide junk pickup this past friday. My hubby went out around town trying to find all the junk metal he could find(a hobby of his). Refridgerators,stoves,washer dryers. Any thing that is heavy and metal. It sounds pretty stupid but as a side job he makes good money.

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

we have people that do "scrapping or scrappers" that is what we call them here. They do make good $. The books they took were not even good for school, unless they could get $ from a recycle place. funny while I write a reply to this I'm watching hoarders!

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Yup.