1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCA! (Shell change addiction! XD)

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by xAizaOnigirix, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

So, i'm fostering Katrinka, and have been doing so since monday. She's changed her shell THREE TIMES! XD i never recognize her even when she always seems to be sitting right in my face! It's really hilarious! I got her in a painted shell that was WAY to small, but she only had one shell that was WAY too big available. I have tons stuffed in there, so she's exercising her right to try them on! :D (My mom said, "you know she must be a girl now, if she changes her clothes so much!" ) lol :rolleyes: Just thought i'd share! your stories give me smiles, so i thought i'd try!
    (oh wow... she's looking at more RIGHT NOW! XD)

2. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

HAHA XD That's so cute!!! That's a happy crabby right there! Good job!

3. xAizaOnigirix

lol thanks! I was very glad to see her put into better conditions and be enthralled =] i just wish i could get a bigger tanks. Good thing i have some awesome people i can get one from! just gotta wait :rolleyes:.

Thanks again! =]

4. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

You're welcome!! :D I only just got my two crabs' 10 gallon set up and I already want to upgrade. :p I'm going to buy more shells when I go to petsmart this Saturday and look at larger tanks. :p (Dontchya just love window shopping? ;)) I want something taller so I can make more levels. I'm thinking a 20 tall would be perfect.

5. xAizaOnigirix

yeah, i deffiently need something bigger :eek::( Petsmart is slightly evil, but if it's the only petstore close,then i guess they're no choice =/
    Yah, i want something that's large enough both ways. I would love to see them out and climbing things! But at the moment, my tank is waaay too small =[ Lol, yeah, window shopping is fun =] At petco, i say that they had a 20g for $15 and a nice mest top to buy for $10! $25 is reaaallly good, considering they wanted $260 just for a 29g tank w/o the top =/ (although that tank was more aquarium-style, so it would be more expensive. lol)

6. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

There are two different tanks. Tanks that could be used as an actual aquarium and tanks that are terrarium only. I have the terrarium only 10 gallon (and a fish aquarium 10 gallon) and there's a huge difference in their silicone jobs in the corners. The terrarium is just enough to hold it together and the aquarium one's silicone job is much thicker.

A 20 gallon for $15???? Omg.. I think I might need to get that. :p I ask pet stores for cracked tanks that they can't use anymore. I almost got a 30 gallon for free, but didn't get there before it was thrown away in the trash can and was all broken up. I asked them to save any cracked tanks for me and that I'd even give them some money for it (extremely cheap of course) and they agreed! I want to get a locking mesh top that slides on tracks on top of the tank so they can't shove their way out. I want a 30 tall. A 20 gallon would be great too.

I agree, Petsmart/Petco are generally evil. The three different stores I go to are the cleanest and healthiest I've seen yet. I shop at those stores, but not at the dirty ones and let the managers at the dirty stores know they wont be getting my business until they clean up their acts. I also let the managers are the clean stores know how pleased I am seeing animals in better conditions than anywhere else. It's fortunate the people in the individual departments actually know what they're doing in the healthy stores. I've talked to them and they are very knowledgeable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.