1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saying Hello

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by timebandit, Oct 15, 2012.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Wel my last crab surfaced from a molt today. Looks great. I gave him some venison and a hard boiled free range egg as an extra to all the other things they get. He has energized the other crabs. They were all just doing nothing but now are walking and climbing again. It's probably what is happening to alot of us since there have been no new threads lately. Any topic will do. Just remember...:i-love-you-002:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Have you had any issues with the hard boiled free range eggs? My chickens just started laying, and I did hard boiled eggs. It was a pain to peel and I lost a lot of the egg.

Glad your crab is up and doing great.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

It wasnt bad this summer but now I cant peel them either. Its funny cause I just tried yesturday to make deviled eggs.So I just made egg salad. More like yolk salad. But they sure are good.

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I've heard that "fresh" eggs are hard to peel and that some people have solved the problem by adding one teaspoon of baking soda to the water when boiling them.

I've never tried it because I don't care too much for eggs (sorry little chick-chicks)

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Thanks Jelly, I heard vinegar too. At this point I will try anything LOL I wanted to save the shells for the store but it's a pain to get the egg off.