1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandy and Sebastian

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by Pamela_C, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

They love the cholla wood. I need to get a second level this weekend so they have something to climb to. This is when I had a humidity problem...It's good now.

Sandy is the one in the back. Sebastian is the one that is closer to the camera.

[​IMG]

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Do you have any turbo shells to offer them? They're gorgeous crabs, but mine never seemed to like the shells that yours are in. Just a thought! My crabs LOVE my cholla too...it's one of the preferred hangouts. Mine tend to go inside it more than they use it for climbing - I have a mat on the back wall that they use for climbing.

3. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

The funny thing is that they "claimed" their own cholla. I have yet to see them reversed. They go to the same ones

I heard PP like turbos better. I can't seem to find any in town. I have not measured their BP yet to see what size I would need to order online. I just don't want to handle them too much right now. Where do you get yours?

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

watch the wood with all that moisture you will see black/green/gray mold. I take mine out and sun dry and rotate pieces (FYI)
    Very cute crabs- at least they are not fighting for one stick :D

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I bought mine on ebay (one of those "75 shells for $8" lots, and a lot of the shells were actually useful to me), and did a trade for some more. Look around in craft stores to see if they have any turbos - I've heard that some stores do have them.

6. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

I checked Hobby Lobby and the ones I found were too big or not turbos. I have yet to check Michaels. I'll probably check today though.

Thanks about the cholla. I got mine at Hobby Lobby really cheap so, there's no problem with me getting more to rotate.

7. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

Okay I measured my little ones and ordered some turbos from Crab Patch, I think I ordered like 7 turbos of different sizes. We will see how they work out. I have 7 shell in there right now, they don't seem to like them.

Sandy nearly gave me a heart attack. She was sleeping in the same spot since last night I didn't want to bother her but I wanted to measure her real quick, so I picked her up (mine don't seem to hide much, they come out as soon as you pick them up). Well, when I picked her up I saw something fall off of her... first I thought it was her BP, but it was still intact...was she surface molting????... nope...she appearently had been sleeping with a peice of pecan in her claw...and dropped it when I picked her up. I measured her and put her back in the tank and she went back to sleep on top of the pecan peice.....silly crab!

8. Poppy

Poppy "Second Molt, A Success"

Mine hide under the cholla wood instead of climbing on it lol

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

My hermies love cholla wood, too!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.