1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sand Hill?

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by danofofano, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danofofano

danofofano "Never Molted"

So I was thinking, what would the hermies think if I put like a little hill in their crabitat, made out of sand. Any thoughts? :idunno:

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

as long as it is sand castle consistancy, it shouldn't hurt anything, I have made different levels in my crab tank with my E.E. they might just dig in it and mess it up.

3. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

I have different sand levels in my tank and my crabs love it....it goes from 6+ inches to around 3-4 inches back up to around 6 inches. Mine love having the different heights and slopes to run up and down and then I am slowly adding more for them to hide in and climb up. Right now I have 1 small log and a plastic soap dish with fake ivy vines on one side and a small piece of granite along with some fake beach grass for them to climb and hide in and around. I have more in my old tank but I have one (spiro) that is molting and don't want to disturb him so it will have to wait until Spiro come up again. But with my crabs reaction to having the different sand levels and "sand dunes" I would say to go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.