1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sand dollars

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by grain, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grain

grain "Preparing For First Molt"

I have a ton of food from the addiction store & I always offer a few different things to my little guys every day, but for the past few weeks, they havent been eating much of their food. They are just munching away on the big sand dollar that I have in there for them. Is this a sign that they dont like their food, or something else? or do they just REALLY like the sand dollar more than all the other stuff that they used to go nuts for?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

They aren't like us and will eat what sounds good. They eat what they are lacking, so it sounds like they are lacking in calcium. Do you have any cuttlebone or egg shells you can give them?

3. grain

i believe i do have some cuttlebone, i will put some of that in their food tonight.
    as for egg shells, should i just take an egg shell & wash it and put it in there for them? :think:

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

You can do that or if you want to feed them the egg as well you can scramble it together.

5. grain

ohhh, i just may do that, thanks!! :twirl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.