1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe live plants for the crabitat?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by ma8201, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma8201

ma8201 "Never Molted"

I was wondering if anyone knew of some safe live plants that I could put in my crabitat. I have heard that spider plants are ok and I just read in another thread here that wheat grass is ok too. Are there any others? Slowly i'm adding new things to my crabitat and since I now have a 75 gallon tank for them I wanted to add some live plants for a more natural feel.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

This isn't going to be all that helpful since my computer is on it's way out ,and has hidden all of my bookmarks, but I'm trying. There is a safe wood list. I think it's on Julia Crab's site. It's epicurean hermit, I think. If you can't find it, I'm sure someone else would have the site's name.

3. Lukems

Lukems "First Molt In Progress"

You Should Try Pm'ing Jason Or HERMEZ, They Will Give The Most Accurate Info.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

5. ma8201

ma8201 "Never Molted"

Thank you. I'm going to take a look at the site as soon as i'm done here.
    I did end up adding 2 small spider plants from my sisters main plant. So far the crabs love them. I find them sleeping under the plants each morning. I can't wait to see what else i can put in there.

6. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Although not in the tank yet, I planted some bird seeds of different assortments and some of them are starting to sprout. I put them in sand (yes I said sand) and they are growing. I currently have them in a small (the smallest one out there) clay potter. I was happy to see some sprouts, I will let everyone know how it goes once I put them in the tank.

7. ma8201

ma8201 "Never Molted"

I have read a few posts about bird seed. I will have to look at what I am feeding my parakeet and see if it is ok for the crabs. I'm sure I can sprinkle a little in the EE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.