1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxy's Tat

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by RoxyLupin, Jun 26, 2010.

1. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Alright so I recently Did some updateing of my tat...

Main Tank:
    [img=400x300]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/TrueEyeNinja/017.jpg[/img]
    Left Side Close up:
    [img=400x300]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/TrueEyeNinja/018.jpg[/img]
    Right Side Close up:
    [img=400x300]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/TrueEyeNinja/019-Copy2.jpg[/img]
    Drift Wood Structure Close Up:
    [img=400x300]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/TrueEyeNinja/009.jpg[/img]

2. Mama Crabs

Mama Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Nice tank!

3. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Thank you ^^ Sorry Micheal, Edward, Vulcan or C.C. wasn't active... or atleast in plain view they were all hiding on the log in that mess of silk plants...

4. Michele213

Michele213 "Never Molted"

Your driftwood setup is very neat!

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Looking good! Nice crabitat! :rockon:

6. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Thank you XD I expect them to pull it down by the end of the night... :hermzpoo:

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright!  :thumbsup:

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Tell me... How many gallons is your hermit crab tank? What type(s) of substrate are you using, and how many inches?

9. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

10 Gallons, Playsand *sand castle consistancey*, and 5 inches... * Put  a bit much in there I know*

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

True. If you have an under tank heater, it may not be able to heat up your whole tank, due to the fact that you have 5 inches of play sand as your substrate. You might consider taking a little of it out, y'know?

11. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

So far I don't need it, I'm hoping to switch over to EE or EE/Sand mix... soon so yeah I'll try not putting in so much substrate next time but for now just gives them more to dig...

12. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

That is also true. I recommend a half-and-half mixture of EE (Eco Earth) and play sand. Around 3-4 inches is a good amount of substrate for a 10-gallon hermit crab tank, don't you think?

13. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Actually a lot depends on the size of the hermies as to how much substrate to use.  Five inches isn't really too much, but it does take away a few inches in height when you add climbing things or a second story.

Also, I have my UTH's mounted on the back side of the tank just above the substrate line.  That insures that the heat won't be blocked by anything substantial, although I don't use them until the winter.

By the way, how do they like their driftwood?

14. Mama Crabs

Mama Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Hey Jellybean-
    I had a UTH mounted on the side of my 10 gallon a few inches above my substrate, but didn't notice much of a change in the temp, it seemed to be escaping into the room. Is there a trick to using one on the side above the substrate? Does it make enough difference with the temp and keep your humidity intact?

In the winter I know I'll need my ceramic heater to run a lot more and I'm concerned what this will do to my humidity. I was thinking I could try the UTH again on the side, but I'm afraid I'll get the same results.

15. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Jellybean- Don't think they've noticed the dirft wood yet, they seem to still be marvleing the fact they've got a giant log to hide in...