1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

river rats

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Mar 17, 2012.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

what is a river rat? it's a person in Illinois that owns a jon boat that goes on the river and fishes and camps along the river for the weekend. I have now become one of the river rats! we just bought a jon boat! with a fish finder, seats{ the kind that are bucket}, the motor, the trailor, live well, life jackets, { I just went and bought my own fancy smancy brand new one!} got my old cruddy tenny shoes ready to go, his cousin Eddie owns a cabin down by the river to and it's a load of fun. large camp fires at night, fish frys, fish stories, lot's of b.s. We are picking it up today after I get off of work.. ye haw!

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

scoobdoo, Sometimes I think we have allot in common. We also have a jon boat with fish finder and we have a trolling motor. We go camping on tablerock lake and go bass fishing on James river(It runs into table rock lake). We just got new seats also. I also am a river rat and if you look river rat up in the dictionary it will say'Tim'.He goes fishing at least twice a week during white bass season.

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

WOW!!  Sounds like fun---and fish frys...YUM!
    Congrats to you too Scoobdoo!  :banana:

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

We might not have a 200,000 dollar house or drive new cars but to be able to go to a really nice lake and go camping, waking up in the early morning to go fishing. Coming back for camp fire biscuits and gravy. Putting on the suits to go swimming and taking off on the wave runners and the friends ski boat. Then go back get dressed to go fishing again coming back cleaning fish and fryin em up with a couple of barley pops.Doesn't get much better than that.

5. scoobdoo

I don't do worms! LOL!

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

We dont either. Cast and reel only.

7. scoobdoo

with my arm I don't think I will beable to even do that! dang dr! didn't send me to p.t. like he posed to now I have froze shoulder and in 2 months he wants to put me to sleep and manuver my arm around to get the joint moving. I'm just a little ticked and scared! how much is this going to set me back??
    I hear ya, I don't live in fancy smancy house, it was a $20,000 crap house needs fixed up, slowly doing just what has to be done.. I'll be dead in so many yrs or in a nursing home my kids don't want it. it's nice inside and out side has new siding and roof don't get me wrong, ain't a slum house lol! I have a nice used older jeep no air conditioning in that baby but it's  mine I call it the boop and it has betty boop stuff in it and darryl has an old crap truck and we have a nice used car we drive for going places. he has his old crap camper for deer hunting it stays out @ the camp site on his bosses land.when he goes hunting those 3 days those are my vacation days!!! :cheer: I'm happy just to sit and look at magazines by the river/ lake or in a boat to get away from everyone calling the house with all their t.v./ cable trouble { my hubbies job}but I want to be with family to talk with people to. then at night I want to sit around the camp fire and like it to be quiet... and is anyone else seeing this site doing strange things?? my words are jumbled over the top of the other parts of the page!!!

8. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

We also bought a fixer upper back in the housing boom days and it was cheep then. Also hubby counts the days for whitetail season.