1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Whoever You Were

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

So today I came in to work and found a dead crab.... problem is, I don't know who it is. I have no idea who I'm mourning.

The crab was in Garth's shell (the smaller one) but when I flipped it over to see if it was male or female, it was female. So I'm thinking "oh wow so I had two girls all along". (Garth never let me check)

Then I pick up who I think is Wayne (in Wayne's bigger shell) and I see wayyyyyy deep inside, a crab. Now, Wayne was never small enough to pull herself all the way back into her shell like that I don't think.

So now I'm wondering... did Garth switch shells, Wayne moved into his old one, died and then Garth took Wayne's? Or did I maybe have two girls and Wayne is molting and managed to get herself way up inside to do it?

Poor whoever it is. :(

Now I have a lonely crab.

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Maybe it was a shell fight. I'm so sorry tinkerbell. I wish I knew what to tell you. Don't throw it out until your sure he's dead. :(

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

Oh she's definitely dead... slid right out of the shell and just all limp and cold. :(

4. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

So sorry for your loss. I hope you can figure out which hermie it was soon enough.

5. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

I'm sorry for your loss, I lost one recently too, I know what your going through, it is so sad. But we have to keep it together for our other babies, and make sure they will be ok, Keep your head up!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.