1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Superman and Basket

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Purplelia, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purplelia

Purplelia Hi, I'm New Here!

Superman and Basket were my very first crabs. I bought them this past May. They were both medium in size. Superman was a very chill crab, he let people pick him up and hold him, he very rarely pinched. Basket was hyper and loved to walk around the habitat. I found Superman dead in the crabitat yesterday. I picked up his shell, and he fell out. I had checked on him two days before, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with any of them. I had five (Superman, Basket, Mr. Baggins, Nipples, and Silent Bob). I also thought Mr. Baggins was dead, but it turned out he was molting, and you can find that corresponding story in the 911 forum. I removed the other three, and placed them all in another tank while i cleaned out the crabitiat, because i didn't know if maybe it was mites. I never found anything in the crabitat. When I went to put Basket, Nipples and Silent Bob back in, Basket fell out of his shell, lifeless as well. They both lived together by themselves for about a month before I got the other three, so I find it touching that they died together, but they lived so shortly.

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'm so sorry for your loss Purplelia :(...

3. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

Aww... I'm so sorry. :(

4. Crabmier

Crabmier (Micro Crab)

I'm so very sorry Purplelia. At least you know they had a great life with eachother and you. It never gets easier, I know. Hope your other hermies will help you through this.:(

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Make sure the humidity and temp. are 70-80%. It may Also be something they ate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.