1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

He lasted longer than I thought he would. When we bought him he was not very active. He finally switched shells and was a bit more active. I found a hole in his far back a month or so ago.
    Yesterday I found him in the water dish. He the water dish was shallow enough so he did not drown. He made his way out and was going for the fresh water dish. I made a slope because I thought he was weak and could not get to it. My tank was distroyed by my big crab trying to go down to molt so the dishes were not burried a little. I did not know where he went under finally and did not want to disturb the sand. Anyhow I thought maybe he was trying to molt so I put a hole in the sand and put him on top of the little hole. He slumped and tried to dig a little bit. Today he was out of the shell and smelling. My son burried him in the garden. He took it pretty well. I do not think it was conditions in the tank...at least I hope not.

2. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Meg

3. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

Sorry for your loss. It's hard on to let a loved one go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.