1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Mysterio

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Jarrod Walls, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarrod Walls

Jarrod Walls (Micro Crab)

As I've posted in a thread around here, Mysterio just hasn't been acting right. He hasn't been moving from his spot but he'd close his pincher when something was put in it. I checked on him this morning and he wasn't responding. I picked him up and he stunk. He wasn't moving at all.

I flushed him. (minus the shell)..

This makes me want to quit because I've got no where close to get more. I've got one left and I'm really let down right now with it all.

2. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Sorry to hear about that :(

3. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

I'm so sorry for your lost.Hey,Don't you give up!It happens to all of us.Don't let the other hermie down.He needs you!

4. hawkins07

hawkins07 (Micro Crab)

Don't distress! Our little friends leave us all sometimes, but there are other crabs in the sand to be friends with!

5. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Jarrod, sorry for your loss. I lost 6 in a row when I first started and felt like giving up too. The most important thing I can tell you is to ISO a new crab and just leave him alone for a good month...hands off... Seriously, they need time to destress and get used to their new environment. They are already stressed and when they don't get that "alone" time, it's even harder for them. Of course there are many that are already suffering from really bad conditions and sometimes there is just nothing we can do to bring them back .... Good luck and keep trying!

6. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Sorry about your Loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.