1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

My littlest baby....my new one Chance that I got from ratty ol petsmart. The one that was missing some limbs, well she/he past last night. I woke this morning to find that she had not moved from the spot she was at in front of the food dish, so I picked her/him up and rubbed her claw and usually she would flinch....only she didn't move time. I do not know what to do with her/him. I don't want to see him/her go. This is the first death in my hermie family!:(

2. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

A first death is always hard. Does he smell? That is the sign that he's in hermie heaven.
    You can bury him in your back yard.

No smell - then put a hut over him (a butter tub with a door cut out works) and leave him be. Put a pop bottle lid next to him with some raw honey in it.

3. Frogs_n_Flowers

He smells, bad... I am having a proper burial for him this afternoon. I had to make sure first. I'm making my kids do it with me... Yeah I am still not over it, though in the back of my mind I kinda knew he wouldn't make it I still had hope! My others seem ok I've had one buried in the sand for 2 days now, maybe he is molting. Well I'm off to make preparations. Thanks Wizkids!

4. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

I'm sory to hear that. I just lost one too. Hang in there.:(

5. Frogs_n_Flowers

Thanks Mommy you too, like I told tinkerbell we have to keep it together for our other babies, and make sure they will be ok, Keep your head up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.