1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repashy Supplement

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Jessica, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica

Jessica "Never Molted"

I use this supplement on my reptiles food and it is so great, I was curious if it would be OK to sprinkle some on my Crabbe's food once in a while? It has so much good stuff in it but I would hate to give some to the crabs without being sure.

Calcium ICB Plus by Allen Repashy

Here are the ingredients as listed on the bottle:

Calcium Carbonate, Kelp meal, Calendula Flower "Pot Marigold", Capsicum annuum extract "Paprika" (saponified), Tageteserecta extract "Marigold" (saponified), Pfaffia rhodozyma yeast, Spirulina platensis algae, Hibiscus sabdariffa Flower, Rosa canina Powder "RoseHips", Curcuma longa "Tumeric", Cantharellus cibarius "Chanterelle Mushroom", Rosmary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (as preservative), Cellulose (as carrier), Potassium Sorbate (mold inhibitor) Vitamins A, D, E, Menadione, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, B12, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Beta Carotene and Choline Chloride.

Analysis :
    Crude protein, Min. 5%- Crude Fat, Min .2%- Crude Fiber, Max. 1%- Moisture, Max. 8%- Ash, Max. 35%- Calcium, Min. 17%- Calcium, Max. 19%- Phosphorous(P), Max. 3%- Vitamin D-3, Min. 40,000 IU/Kilo- Vitamin A Min 400,000 IU/Kilo- Beta Carotene Min. 1,000 mg/Kilo

Thank You in Advance!

2. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Hmmm, I wouldn't be sure about the "Potassium Sorbate (mold inhibitor),Chlorine Chloride..." and the other things at the bottom of the list of ingredients....

I usually don't feed my crabs stuff with extra vitamins, acids, or chemicals added...

But hey, maybe someone here knows more about those ingredients and knows that maybe they're harmless or beneficial to the hermies!

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I wouldn't risk it myself. In the long run it could damage them. If you are changing their foods and their temps & humidity is correct you shouldn't have much trouble with molds growing, except for when they drag off food and you don't see it and you get "teddy bears" growing! I don't go off the beaten path of foods, they eat what I eat except no seasonings or fruit peels, or foods I get off the crab sites suggestions or buy off them. Those last listings of ingredients scare me, the {ides} & {ines}

4. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Yep, it does have some pretty good ingredients! I really don't see anything that would be potentially dangerous to the crabs. First ingredient is Calcium so that's a plus. I was actually looking into the Repashy Super Pig. Let us know if they liked it if you give it a shot.

5. Jessica

Jessica "Never Molted"

I think you may misunderstand what the product is. It's a calcium dust used for insects and greens. I wouldn't use it as a replacement for meals but more of an enhancment once in a while.

6. Jessica

Jessica "Never Molted"

I actually love all the Repashy products! I have used the Super Pig on my Chameleons and let me tell you! Those colors popped after 3-4 uses!

I'm going to give it a try in moderation, I will definatly let youguys know how it goes!

7. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Chlorine Chloride{ isn't things like this we are trying to keep away from our crabs?} They are harmful? that's why we use drops in our water? or is this different?

8. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Yes, chlorine found in municipal tap water systems is dangerous to sensitive hermit crab gills. choline is found in mothers milk and many vitamin supplements.
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5033432_choline-chloride-used.html

Jessica, good to know your chameleons are doing good on it. It has lots of color enhancers so I'm eager to try it on my crabbies, especially the straws. Keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.