1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

I redid the tank yesterday, and sectioned off part of it to add in some moss, because they had a little moss pitt and they all three tried to stay in there all the time, and it wasn't really big enough for all three of them. But now they have a section with moss, and a stick and their corkbark hidie to climb in and out of it with. A fake plant to hide behind, their nets to climb on, a starsifh in the net, and all they're rocks they love to play on. A little second level with a cocohut, which is where the two PP's seem to be staying for the moment. I have a few huge half, like clam shells or whatever they are for decoration, and one i used as a dish to put their spare shells on. I think they like it.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000001copy.jpg
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000002copy.jpg
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000003copy.jpg
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000004copy.jpg
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000006copy.jpg
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/crabbypics/00000007copy.jpg

2. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

How big is that tank? It looks as if it's at least 20g long. Looks fantastic by the way. I'm surprised you only have 3 crabs! You can fit so much more in that thing :)

3. List Of Demands

i'm not too sure how big it is, we found it on the curb one day and it was much better then the ten gallon i had. it's either a 20long or maybe a 29 or something like that. thank you! I'm planning on getting more, I'm getting another small one this weekend, but i'm saving room for straws, we just can't afford them right now. at the moment all three of them have piled under the cochut.

4. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Ugh, I'm jealous the stores near you actually carry straws. I've been looking for awhile now and I still can't find any store that supply straws. I'm looking for small straws and apparently, Petco only carry big straws when they have it in stock. And apparently, they haven't been able to get straws for about 2 months now. The person helping me there today said they might start getting it during spring time, when the climate is warmer. I'm crossing my fingers and praying for more patience. Haha

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I like the divider in your substrate. I have thought about doing that too. I would probably do a moss pit as well. Hopefully the 30 gallon tank deal that I've been offered will go through. It would triple my tank space and make room for MORE CRABS!!!:D

6. List Of Demands

the last i checked the petco's here had them, but i haven't been in a few months, it's possible they don't have them right now either, I'm going this weekend for another small and some other little things for them though, so I guess I'll find out then.

krackersmom2;; thank you! it's just a plain piece of plexi glass that's been fit to size. I like it a whole lot. well good luck with getting the tank! although I have the room, I only have three crabs, I'm getting another like i said, plus the straws when I can afford them, so I think i'll do good if I can just keep up with them

7. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Really like the tank. I think the moss pit is a great idea. How do they like it - are they using it at all? What kind of moss do you have in there?

8. List Of Demands

thanks! they crawled around in it at first when I put them back in the tank but now they don't seem to care. They had a little one before that they all three tried to stay in, so i was trying to make more room for them to all hide in it, but just like i figured, all that work taking everything out and moving it around and they hardly touch it. the PP's are under the cocohut and haven't moved since they found it, and my rug burried down earlier and i haven't seen him either. wow, i started rambling, haha. BUT as for the kind of moss, I can't remember exactly what kind it is, but I got it from the craft store and was very careful not to get any kind that they shouldn't have, or that had any kind of dyes in it. I'm going to be getting more this weekend, either from Michael's, or from petco, depending on what's cheaper and all that. but I'll let you know what kind it was/what kind i get for sure whenever I go.

9. krackersmom2

They liked the small moss pit because it was in the afore mentioned "How to Frustrate Your Owner Hermit Crab Manual"....anyway looks like I've got a deal on the 30 gal. $20 for the tank and hood!:D I promised my younger son that if I got a bigger tank, he could have the smaller one for his room and keep his "Baby" and maybe buy him some new pals. I would probably keep my teeny crab Herbie in there too. Spooky and Hercules are large crabs and would be better off in a larger tank.

10. List Of Demands

apparently that must of been exactly it. ha. It wasn't big enough for all of them though and they all stacked on each other! Now i think it's about time for a molt though hmmph. Oh great! I'd love to hove an even bigger tank then I have, even with the room i have, I'd feel i was over crowding it if I put too many more in it. aww, that's cute! My niece when I first got that crabs when she tried to say crab she would say 'crap' kind of how mr. crappy got his name. hehe

11. krackersmom2

I was wondering about that mane on your list...that's funny!:) My Baby got his name because I asked my little one what his name should be and he said "It's a baby crab!"....hence "Baby". He still calls him "my Baby crab", so when he gets the 10 gallon, Baby will stay with it.

12. List Of Demands

haha, yea, my niece is sort of hilarious, she still says 'arts & craps' instead of crafts. and she has a major texas accent so she makes us laugh anything she say's just about. Aww, that's cute. My niece won't touch them, i try to take them out and let her see them she tells me to put it up.

13. hammy1

hammy1 Hi, I'm New Here!

that looks like a 55 gal

14. List Of Demands

it's not it's only like a 20 or 29g. it's only like an inch wider and about 6-7 inches longer then my 10g

15. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

how longs your 10 gal? if its like mine, it would be 20in long and 10 1/2 in width.

a basic20gal long is 20 gal is 30in long

maybe its a 18 gal.
    how tall is it?

16. List Of Demands

i'm not sure how tall it is, and my ten is probably about that same size. The one I have now is 12inch wide, and I think it was 36inch long if I remember correctly from trying to fit a piece of plexi glass on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.