1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redecorated my crabitat

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Klabelle, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

[align=center]I redecorated my crabitat today, all that I have left to put in is the cholla log that I rinsed out with the hose. It's currently drying. I needa figure out where I'm gonna put it  :idunno:
    The crabs are really excited about the change, they've been climbing all over everything!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/align]

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Sooooo Nice!!!  Great Job!  :rockz:

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Looks grrrreat!!! :cheer:

4. Klabelle

Thank you :D
    I'm open to suggestions too!
    I'm going with a garden theme (outside the coral chunk of course!) for spring/summer.
    I needa get more of HermieFun's nets, I love those things! I'm sad I only have 1 lol

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

mine used to get excited when I did the rearranging of the tank, now they just get out of the way, and and then go find the corner shower caddy and prob say thank god she is done! cause they just don't  get all hip hip hurray like they used to, it's more like what AGAIN? can't she just leave us alone? she did this last month!

6. Klabelle

Lol Scoob, my PPs get out of the way but my blue and straw were running all where I was trying to scoop so I'd pick them up and move them out of the way just for them to come back. It was really cute though, when I finished, I kneeled to look at the tank and my PP Hermes (I've had him for 1yr 4mo) came running up to the front of the tank to greet me. After I picked him up to say hello he went exploring. His antennae tickle  :chuckle:

7. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

It looks great! Currently trying to figure out how I'm going to remodel my tank since I have crabs down and I don't want to disturb them..... :think:

8. Klabelle

I don't worry too much about my molters, I know the areas they go down so I avoid those areas and my cocofiber is moldable enough that it doesn't collapse caves when I work on the surface. If you're careful with your surface work, you can start moving stuff around

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

:kpics:  It looks really good! I'd stand the choya up as high as you could in the tank. They love to climb.

10. Klabelle

I have it up high enough that they can't get onto their roof, I'm a poor college student to I have  one of those wired tops and to keep moisture in, I have masking tape striped over the top lol with all the new decor, they've all been climbing like crazy!

11. Bumble

Bumble (Micro Crab)

Good job!  I am inspired to get myself in gear and go decorate the tank I've had sitting here for 2 years! 

12. Klabelle

Thanks :D You should! It's a lot of fun, especially if you're an artistic person like myself. I wish I could decorate it again but I dont have the means to at this time lol.
    I plan to get a 300g tank in the future so I can have more room to decorate and my crabs can have more room to run, climb and play.

13. :cheer:  Looks really nice!

14. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

@Katz don't be so sure that you  think you know where your crabs are down molting at  :think: they go digging and tunnling all over down there before they get settled and do their business unless you have very clear window of the crab. I thought crabby paddy was at one end of the tank to and I lfted a decoration and boom there he was, at the other end, sneaky! well now i have been all over the web sites from face books, to crab sites, to photobuckets, hotmails, it's 3a.m, I took a pain pill and I am bushed wacked! I drew and painted a 5ft double cheese burger and now I need to add the fries and pop to complete it for our reading is so delicious summer reading theme at the library my back is killing me! will post pics when it's done

15. Klabelle

lol scoobdoo, my crabs all molt in the same 2 places, it's really weird. One is right in front of their flower pot and the other spot is right next to the food dish. I've stumbled upon them a few times on accident because I didn't know any were down.

You sound busy busy as usual XD  I wish I could do a large burger and fries, the last large food I made was a giant icecream cone of ben and jerry's for a project 3 1/2 years ago. I'd like to see your burger and fries! Your library seems more...active? than the ones we have here

16. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I have it easy! My husband built a tank table that is a frame table. No bottom to the table so all I have to do is look underneath it to see where they are molting. Just yesturday I realized that my ee was a little dry so I pored 1/2 gal. in the tank avoiding the place where I have a molter. Most tunnels are pretty solid so you can rearange a bit with out disturbing them.