1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Red Sea" seasalt

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by CudaCrabby, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Ok today JR picked me up a 7lb bag of Red Sea seasalt from the store as there was no Oceanic which is the salt i use for the hermie drinking water and salt baths as well, now has anyone used this salt befour? And if so what do you think about it? I cant find a addy or anything on the bag it does say Nitrate and Phosphate free, natural formula. I guess the company name is Red Sea. I will have to look that up. Anyone with info on this seasalt please post it.. Thanks tons! [​IMG]

2. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Cuda,

That is the breakthru formula. It has all kinds of goodies added to it. We have offered nothing but oceanic to our hermies for the past year & they LOVE IT! I say go for it.

Best Regards,
    Cappa

3. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Thanks Cappa yup i love the Oceanic break thru formula but now i have to use this Red Sea salt for awhile till i can get more of the Oceanic salt.. [​IMG]

4. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

Ive never heard of this, is it sold in any chain stores by chance?

5. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Ok this is what i found on the bottom of the bag its called
    Red Sea salt
    made in Israel by Red Sea Fush Pharm,
    P.O. Box 4045
    Eilat, Israel
    http://www.redseafish.com/Product.asp?dir=y&CatId=-1&SubID=28&proID=190

this is what else i have found
    Description: Red Sea Salt Bulk Pack Large ( 1 bag of 2200 lbs.). This item is a special order item that is drop shipped direct from Red Sea. A single, chemically balanced formula to support the most delicate marine life. Reaches a stable, natural pH shortly after mixing. Contains no nitrates or phosphates. Produced by a small batch process to ensure homogeneity of salt mixture. Every batch is biologically and chemically tested for quality control. Available in a wide range of individual pack sizes. Suitable for a small water change or a complete new aquarium set-up. The calcium content of Coral Reef Red Sea Salt has been formulated such that after dissolving in normal tap water it will produce a solution that contains 380-425 ppm (dependent on the level of calcium present in the tap water) of calcium, without precipitation and the consequent loss of trace elements. While the Red Sea has a higher than average salinity, the composition of natural seawater is the same throughout the world. Coral Reef Red Sea Salt can be mixed to any desired salinity and is suitable for marine fish and invertebrates from every sea and ocean. 2.8 lbs. dissolved in 10 US gallons or 1 kg on 30 liters of Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) water at 78 F (25C) will produce a seawater solution as follows: Specific gravity 1.021; pH 8.4 (after 2 hours mixing or aerating), Alkalinity 2.2 - 2.5 milliequivalents - liter. Coral Reef Red Sea Salt has become famous for its favorable effect on invertebrates. The appearance of your aquarium after a water change with Coral Reef Red Sea Salt is the best proof of the quality of our product.

Im only gona use this till i can get more Oceanic break thru formula.

6. Gertrude Snicklegrove

Gertrude Snicklegrove Hi, I'm New Here!

The little bit I know about Red Sea Salt is that it is a slightly different combination of ingredients from most "marine" salts, because the Red Sea is slightly different in trace composition from the Indian, Pacific, Atlantic, etc. Alot of people raise fish from the Red Sea, and so using that salt is preferably for them. This is what I understand at least.

It will be fine to use it though for your crabs. I wouldn't worry about it. The biggest worry about salts at this time is the long term consequences of using Instant Ocean. All other salts are better! lol

I have been using Oceanic recently as well, and I like it! I save the Doc Wellfish to put in their food sometimes. Oceanic disolves so well and so quick![​IMG]

Gertie

7. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Makes total sense Gertie. Thanks so much for your knowledgeable post. Hope to see you around HCRU often.

Regards,
    Cappa

[​IMG]

8. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] [​IMG]Thanks Gertie, i do say i havent had any probs from using the Red Sea salt it dont disolve as good as Oceanic. [​IMG] As soon as this big bag runs out i will once again be back to using Oceanic. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.