1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re done & checking on things !

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by scoobdoo, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

[img width=400 height=299]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy78/scoobdoo63/SDC11821.jpg[/img]
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy78/scoobdoo63/SDC11822.jpg[/img]
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy78/scoobdoo63/SDC11814.jpg[/img]
    I stayed up til 2 a.m. got up at 9 this morning and started the task of cleaning the tank out with a terrible headache but it needed to be done. I managed to dump about a cup of e.e. on my brown carpet that just about matches the e.e. perfectly, so I had to stop and clean it up so I didn't drag it all over. Then after I got the tank all cleaned out except the one molter in the corner I scooped around him and then put the cocoa hut over him and blocked the door air hole/ pocket with a flat rock, I knew where he was & he has been down for over 2 months now. I checked the door later and he has pushed the E.E. back in front of it the CoCoa Hut Door so he he has his air pocket & a way out when wants to come out. Next problem is my math skills suck when I have a headache! 4 quarts of water to one brick of E.E. so I'm scratching my head how many cups of water are in a quart? I have to did out the comp it's that bad I can not think at all! o.k. 4 c. to 1 quart so i can take it from there, or so I think. I add water, and I wait, wait, wait, this stuff is not breaking apart! I rersort to getting the grater out, rubbing it together, then adding more water. Then it hit me, duh! I needed to add more water anyway! I only added 1 quart of water & still needed 3 more! So I got it all done then I TOOK THE JUNGLE VINE DOWN AND FOUND THAT THEY HAD BEEN CHEWING ON IT AND LEFT A 12INCH SPOT OF WIRE!oops hit the caps key! So I took what was left and wound it around the new tree stump aquarium log I got for them, and love climbing on it. I got them new water bowls over the weekend. The big crab is bam Bam he just cam up and the one on the sand is crabby paddy, he is so small campared to the other now, he used to be the biggest!

2. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

I luv the rock cave! :party:

3. scoobdoo

excuse the typing errors and what nots, man my head is throbbing! weather is very windy and were supposed to have a hard freeze. The Dr said I'd have to have the meds increased over time for the migraines, I do believe it's becoming that time is now. ouch~ thanks the rock cave is a wal mart one.

4. eljhdl

eljhdl "First Molt, A Success"

Feel better Scoobydoo!! Poor thing! Migranes are tough.

Loving the pics!! Great job!!

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Looks great Scoobdoo. I'm sure it was torture.Get some rest and untill it is gone STAY OFF THE COMPUTER!!!!

6. scoobdoo

addiction addiction addiction..... I can function.. some what with a migraine, :BangHead: it will not get me down! I made an other diaper cake, this one for a library board member, cleaned the clinic, came home cleaned out the frig after complaints of something dead smelling was in there, { the husband is crazy!} cleaned out the cat box, watched my ghost hunters, did my dishes, now watching The Blind Side & got the heating pad on my knotted up back. Now I am ready to relax.

7. eljhdl

Sigh.....a woman's work is never done. Throw 2 youngs sons in that menagerie of chores and that's me!! I feel your pain Scooby!!

8. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

Looks wonderful! Kudo's to you for doing this with a headache! :rockz:

9. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

hey scoob!! thats nice! i like the look of your substrate.. it looks soooo sooooft!!! perfect for little crabby toes to run through!!!

10. scoobdoo

hahaha, that's the down side of the new soft fluffy E.E. mixed with sand, get it all perfect looking and then later you come back and they have tore the living heck out of it digging around in it! Now it's got big crater holes in it everywhere, I haven't bothered anything in the tank since I got it all done, { except the poop & water} crabs want to live in a messy tore up tank? Go ahead! I'm tired of cleaning up after you! LOL! Does that sound like a mom or what!

11. eljhdl

You ain't just whistling dixie Scooby! They like to make a mess! Especially the big guys. My 2 bigger guys destroy the tank daily. They are down right now. The tank has never looked neater. Not necessarily a good thing. I miss my crabbies. I even bought 3 more since I upgraded to the bigger tank I had plenty of room but within days "poof" they were under too. I figured that would happen but thought I would try. Besides I couldn't resist! Tiniest little guys I have ever seen!!! Tooo cute!!!
    [img width=400 height=299]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/eljhdl/IMG_3234.jpg[/img]
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/eljhdl/IMG_3232.jpg[/img]
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/eljhdl/IMG_3233.jpg[/img]

12. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

:rubhands: *devises a plan to sneak in and steal those little babies* :hiding:

13. eljhdl

Teehee Wicked!!! Wondering if you can find their little tiny behinds in my 40B. Goodness knows I haven't been able too!!!hahahahaha

14. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

aww! it's so cute, I prefer bigger crabs cuz the lil ones look so small and fragile! :hahahaha:

15. scoobdoo

wow they are small! The mom & pop shop where I got mine didn't have any that small at all, only the name brand pet shops did and they wanted 10$ for them, my big one I paid between 15 & 20 for them. I wish I had smaller ones now, cause I could have more in the tank. Now I'm searching for a bigger tank since the last 2 came up they have grown I mean GROWN! Crabby Paddy used to be the big boy, not any more Bam Bam has really over grown him by a long shot, I only have the 4, but I'm not getting any more now, they are getting to big. Some one in this second had shop was posed to check her basement she thought she had a 30 gal tank, I hope it was, she supposed to call the shop and leave word.

16. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

O MY! How tiny. Soooooo cute!

17. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

aaawwwwwww :crybaby2: they make me think of Petriiiiiiii..... waaaaaaahhhhhhh :crybaby2:

18. eljhdl

First, I want to say how sorry I am Alliswell! I am so sorry about Petri. You have been so attentive and caring with your crabs. You will have success and healthy crabs that will bring you lots of joy! Hang in there!!! :hug2:

Thanks for the compliments all!! They are cute and fiesty......when I see them that is! I didn't stop to consider that they would get lost in my 40B. I catch a glimps of the 2 in the turbos every now and again. The one in the brown shell must be under or has a great hiding spot which at his size would be easy to do. I haven't seen him in a while. But no smells and no reason to think anything is wrong. Just waiting and waiting and waiting!hahahahaha Summer time was so much more fun for crab watching....

Scooby - I happened to stumble across these in a fairly reputable small pet shop near me. They had never gotten crabs that small in before so I grabbed the last 3 they had. You don't see them that small very often around here. Hope that tank comes through for you! It would be nice for you and for your crabs. Good Luck!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.