1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raw Chicken?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Crabfan09, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabfan09

Crabfan09 Hi, I'm New Here!

can I feed Hermon raw chicken???:confused:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

You can, but be careful to wash it first to avoid spreading salmonella. I've tried raw pork, but my crabs didn't go for it. All the meats they've had have been cooked. I have seen crabs play tug of war with a pork chop in pictures!

3. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I don't do raw chicken but I do all other meats raw. I don't trust raw chicken at all so I just avoid it. I give them the neck, liver, all the stuff that they stuff inside the bird. Then I cook it all in declorinated water and cool it down, break it up and serve. They actually had liver last night.

4. Crabfan09

Crabfan09 Hi, I'm New Here!

Ok cool...I went ahead and boiled the chicken to be on the safe side...I let it cool first though...Thanks for the advice guys!!!!

5. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

One other hint, i put put heated food in the tank when it is still warm, seems to make the smell go through the tank faster. Like The Addictions Fruit chilly, i put it in the microwave first then put it in the tank, the smell brought the hermies out fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.