1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by vckums, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Albeit the legs aren't very atttractive, but I think Bud's upper body looks pretty good! I'm a fan of frogs, though I don't have any.

2. eljhdl

eljhdl "First Molt, A Success"

I agree Donny. I think he looks good. We should all look so good at that age! :biglaugh:

3. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Too bad I don't have a camera...I should get one some day.

4. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

bud is definately a cool looking frog, despite his puffiness. he kinda looks like the saturday night guys that would say, " I wanna PUMP- YOU UP!!" :chuckle: nice to finally get to getta peek at bud!

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

my vet called me Friday at 9 pm! wants to do a soak for him a couple days to see if that brings his puffiness down, another 20$ ...

6. alliswell777

:froggz: a soak? what kind of stuff would he soak him in?? how did he come across that treatment?? how cool of him to call you with that, despite the hour!

7. scoobdoo

A SALINE SOAK, I'M AT WORK THAT'S WHY THE CAPS ARE ON, THE SYSTEM I USE YOU HAVE TO LOOK THINGS UP IN CAPS AND IF YOU ENTER BOOKS AND MAGAZINES IT HAS TO BE IN CAPS.. YOU GET IN TROUBLE IF YOU DON'T SO I'M NOT YELLING. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE CAME ABOUT FINDING THE INFO ON THE SOAK. THIS IS THE FIRST DAY I GOT TO DO IT, KIND OF A PAIN. I HAVE TO FISH HIM OUT, PUT HIM IN A SMALL CUP SUCK OUT THE SOLUTION WITH A LARGE NEEDLE FROM ONE OF THOSE I.V. BAGS ENOUGH TO COVER HIM, SOAK HIM 10 TO 15 MINUTES, DRAIN THE WATER PUT HIM IN HIS TANK AND DO IT AGAIN 2 MORE TIMES FOR ABOUT 3 OR 4 DAYS. I WILL ONLY GET IN 2 DAYS THEN WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL I GET BACK NEXT WEEK TO START AGAIN.

8. eljhdl

With most of my crabbies down under, I have been spending a bit of time with my baby rooster. He had a broken leg so I took him home to heal. He's growing fast and the leg is mending nicely. Here's a pic of me and him but you will have to excuse my "do" it was sooooo windy out that day and I had been outside for most of it!

[img width=400 height=300]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/eljhdl/IMG_3192.jpg[/img]

9. scoobdoo

don't ya know the wind blown look is in? your rooster and you have about the same hair / feather color! We tried to raise chickens and roosters once but the racoons kept reaching in and popping their heads off and what chickens did survive and laid eggs I couldn't eat. A strange thing with me I guess. I can eat them out of the store from the box but not straight from the chickens you know what. :think: I'm not a country gal!

10. eljhdl

:hahahaha: I somehow do that alot. Match my animals to either my decor or myself! My dog goes nicely with my livingroom furniture too! :chuckle:

I am very worried about putting him outside. We also have racoons and hawks to boot. Can you housebreak a chicken I wonder????? :chuckle:

11. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Nice rooster. I dont have to live in the country to own chickens. They just past a law here. We now can have up to 6 chickens within the city limits. But no roosters. So i'll be getting some chickens. Here we have a fox problem. But I have 3 dogs that will guard the hen house. I dont think the fox will mess with them.

12. eljhdl

Thanks Trixie! I don't live in the country either. We have laws in our town that I imagine will be changing like yours. Alot of places are lifting the laws against owning chickens due to the seminella outbreak. Unfortunately, my chicken is definitely a rooster. I was disappointed but I will figure something out. I know people that will take him as a pet but I am attached to him. He has dubbed me "mommy chicken". He sleeps in my lap, sits in my hands, even perches on my head (I actually don't allow that, wouldn't want him to leave a present in my hair! eeewwwwwww!!!). So while he is still a baby and still mending from his broken leg, I will continue keeping him inside the house (in a cage but out to play several times a day) until he's too big.

13. scoobdoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SEBASTIAN ON ONE OF HIS FRISKY DAYS, HE LIKES TO HOP SIDE WAYS AT ME LIKE HE'S ALL BIG AND BAD, THEN RUN AND DIVE UNDER THE RUGS AND TRY AND SQUEEZE IN THIS LITTLE CUBE AND REACH HIS PAWS OUT THE OTHER HOLE TO GRAB THE RED RIBBON.

14. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:biglaugh: Tooo Cute!!

15. eljhdl

:hahahaha: Scoobydoo he's adorable!!!!

16. scoobdoo

thanks, he does crack me up! he has my hubby wrapped around his finger to! He won't meow at all when I'm around, but as soon as the hubby walks in he starts his meowing
    " feed me " pitiful meow, he squints his eyes and has a low weak meow, Darryl says oh be quiet you're not starving! No! I'm not feeding you, you fat thing! He will keep the weak cry going then Darryl will cave and feed him. Every morning at 5 a.m. he thinks he needs to be fed he has the chirpy broke meow cry and darryl can't get the food in the bowl fast enough & if he doesn't get fed at 5 he will go as long as 6 then he will start finging things to rip apart to make noise to wake you up so will have to get and feed him. Every night when I go to bed, he will be there on my chest{ all 23 pounds of him!} wanting his love, a good scratching behind the ears & under the chin, I get my kitty kisses and I say k, that's it, you're killing me! he goes down between my feet & I'm pretty much stuck in the position the rest of the night.

17. eljhdl

Your night time routine sounds like mine but instead of my cat it's my youngest son!! :chuckle:

I got a good laugh out of you telling the cat "ok that's it, you're killing me"! That is exactly what I tell my son after about an hour of being jumped on, wrestled with, hugged, sat on and hung on!! I love him but he wears me out!

18. alliswell777

man! i love the pictures of sebastian!! his legs look so puny in that one foto! hahaha!! big belleh, little feets... :biglaugh: i bet he gives good loves!! my kitteh is just a lad- no where near as big as sebastian!

19. hermanandhermynie

hermanandhermynie "First Molt In Progress"

/Users/noellelarocca/Desktop/19942_102440769784164_100000547243911_63767_6930035_s.jpg
    /Users/noellelarocca/Desktop/34293_1501656745117_1345155333_1328879_808964_s.jpg

Copy and paste the 2 links I guess not sure how to work this thing

20. scoobdoo

are you using photo bucket or pic nik? they are free up load sights.