1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Paco

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by CoolDoggy10, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Paco was my 1st hermie. Even though he had never came out that much (me and my mom had to sneak to see Paco) or eaten or drink that much he was the best hermie ever!
    Paco died 4 months ago after he lost 2of his claws!
    I deeply cried of his dissapperence:(:(.

Love you little guy see you in about 90 years!
    -Nadia

My crabs: Paco, Aqua, Panther, and Dixie

2. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

I'm so sorry. I lost my 2nd hermie, Maya, about 1 year ago.

Thank gosh Nita (1st crab) hasn't died yet, and she's about 3 years old.

I can't imagine how devastating it is to lose your very first crabbie.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm so sorry! That must be so devastating! I had hermit crabs when I was little who passed away but I hardly remember them. I think of Ocean as my first hermit crab. Last month I thought she passed away. I was so devastated! But then I discovered she had really done a successful surface molt a week later and I was twice as happy when I dicovered she was alive than as I was sad when I thought she had passed away. She is seems very happy and active now and is a pretty pinkish purplish color. I had her for almost two years and she is my little miracle! Honey, my second hermit crab passed away a couple of months ago. I miss her so much! She is so sweet and kind and adorable. I hope Paco and Honey and Maya will meet in hermie heaven! They might be playing together right now!

4. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

It really is tough to lose your first hermie, especially after having him so long. So sorry to hear you lost him. :(

5. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Thank you all for the nice quotes and I also forgot to tell you that I already had another hermit crab but forgot all about her.
    Her named Dixie after we got a grave for Paco. Right now i'm in Florida with my hermit crab visiting my uncle! I live in SC (south carolina).It is 7 hours from SC to FL, well atleast the first night in FL they crawled all over there tank and woke up my mom since we have stone not sand!!! Bye!!!!!

6. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

ooooooooooohhh! you really should not use stone they cant burrow!

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

You should switch to sand, coco fiber or forest bedding. Hermit crabs cannot dig down to molt in rocks. This can lead to a surface molt, which can be dangerous, or a very sick hermie. Hermit crabs also dig to destress or just for fun.

8. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

oh ok but my mom thinks it a stupid idea for sand i told her that we should get it at least are other tank has sand!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.