1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about ISO setup...

Discussion in 'Isolation (ISO).' started by crazeecrabber103, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I have an empty 10 gallon tank that I plan to use as an ISO tank.But I also have an empty 1/2 gallon KC.Would it be okay to use the KC as an ISO unit and save the 10 gallon as another main crabitat for the future??Or is it better to have a bigger ISO?

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I only ISO sick, naked, or new crabs, so a 10 gallon worked the best for me. I think it would be rather difficult to maintain proper humidity and temp in a small critter keeper-unless it was placed inside a large tank. Perhaps some other members will shed some more light on what works best for them [​IMG]

3. crazeecrabber103

Thanks Wendy.You've been a big help.[​IMG]

4. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

*sigh* ur so lucky, my crabitat is as big as ur iso tank, and i thought i was spoiling my crabs.

5. crazeecrabber103

hehe,actually my main crabitat and my ISO r the same size.

6. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

I have a 5 gallon glass aquarium set up for iso, and it is plenty big enough, but I am having a hard time maintaining the temp/ humidity even in that. I think the light makes it too warm, and the heat dries the air & lowers the humidity. It was easier to amintain when I didn't keep the light on and instead covered the top 99% with plastic wrap. I may switch it out for my 10 gallon as an iso, not because of size, but because I think that maintaining proper temp & humidity is of utmost importance especially in most iso situations. I have found it impossible to keep a plastic CK in the proper conditions.

7. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

well, actually, i think it's EASIER to have a kritter keeper because they are sometimes smaller than big glass tanks, but i suppose it depends on the size rather than what type of tank [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.