1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by momof2hermi_bashfull, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

I am thinking sometime in the future to turn my tat, into a vivarium (sp) and wondering about what plants I can grow into the tat, that are safe for hermits.

Here are a few ideas and sampler packs I had seen from black jungle.

Alocasia, Calathea, Gesneriad, Fern, Selaginella, Ficus pumila, Begonia, and a Tropical Pitcher Plant (carnivorous)

Tillandsia

Humata tyermanii "White Rabbits Foot", Selaginella kraussiana "Gold Tips", Calathea concinna, Creeping Fig Variegated, Cryptanthus pup

Though I probably wouldn't use all of the above, but these are some of the sample packs that are avail. and I love growing things and would like to have their tat a more natural look so looking at some options as what kind of plants I can grow in their and still be safe for the hermi's

2. lolagranola

lolagranola Hi, I'm New Here!

I have grown wheat grass, amaranth, calendula, nasturtiums, and bean sprouts in my tank.

3. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Thank you lolagranola, I just want to make sure what I grow in the tank is safe for the hermi's. Doing my research now, before I jump into this project and do something bad to the hermi's. Of course since this would also mean an upgrade for the tank as well as my 20 g isn't quite big enough for what I have planed or vision I would also have to wait until all crabby's decide to come up. I currently have 3 up, and 3 down right now. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.