1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pumpkin

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Mckenny, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hello everyone...I have a question about pumpkin for my crabs. Do you give them the stringy stuff from the inside when you clean it, or pieces of the actual pumpkin from the inside?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

You can feed both. Let us know how they enjoy it.

3. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I wonder if I could grow pumpkins out here :think: :think: :think:

4. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

If I could grow them on accident throwing out the seeds to a pumpkin when I was cleaning one out for my son to help me carve I'm sure they'll grow anywhere. And of course the plants I WANT to grow die but the random pumpkin seed I missed during clean up grew! :no:

5. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

So my son was getting extra excited about the whole Halloween business and all he wanted from Wal-Mart was a pumpkin. So since he was extra good on the trip into the store (no tantrums, screaming, nagging, typical three year old stuffs, etc) I decided that we'd get him one. I also got a big one for him and my dad to have fun carving (my dad doing the ACTUAL carving not my son LOL). The smaller one I helped him carve up today and all those extra pieces and such went to Jasper (some in his dish tonight and some frozen for later). He LOVED IT!

I actually decided to try a little trick with the pumpkin guts so I don't have to chizel apart teeny chunks of pumpkin ice later. I separated them into an ice tray like little pumpkin popsicles of sorts. I'll let you nkow how it works out after they freeze entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.