Cappa, here is the information you wanted...I hope it is what you were expecting. Well, I have the official instructions for the Eco-Earth brand of coconut fiber bedding-but that is not to say they are proper for use with substrate placed in a crabitat. I have found by following the package directions, there is way too much water and it takes a bit longer to sit and squeeze all of the excess water out of it. Not to mention how much of the bedding that gets wasted because it is too wet to bother squeezing the last little bit in the container. Here are the package directions: It says it makes 7-8 litres of substrate (expands about 8 times in size) <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Place brick in a pail/bucket or sink. Add 4 quarts (3-4 liters) of water. Allow brick to expand for 20-30 minutes. Wring out excess moisture. For small animals, snakes and tarantulas use dry, by laying out moist substrate in the sun before moving to your animals enclosure. </span> I am going to make up a brick tonight to add to my 30g. I will let you know just how much water I actually use. Here are the instructions I follow: 1. Place the brick on its side in a clean 3 or 5 gallon pail or plastic tub that is at least 14"l x 10"w X 9"h (NOT in a sink-may contain chemicals) (so the long thin edge is contacting the bottom of the container) This helps distribute the water more evenly and avoid dry spots. 2. Pour 80 oz (or 2 quarts + 2 cups) of very hot dechlorinated water over the top of the brick. The hotter water helps it absorb faster. You may also use boiling water, but becareful of the type of container you pour it into. Optional: I also add 1/2 the normally recommended amount of salt used to prepare your salt water mix to my water before pouring it over the brick. I think this helps to inhibit mold, but this is purely speculative. 3. Cover and let it stand for approximately 15-20 minutes. 4. Use your clean hands to break up any dry areas and mix them into the rest of the substrate. 5. Let it cool before placing into the tank. 6. 1 brick will make about 3 1/2 inches of substrate in a 10 gallon tank. Total volume of an expanded brick is approximately 32 cups. This is the "moistness" that I use when I put EE into my crabitat. If I pick up a handful of the prepared substrate and squeeze, I'm not able to get so much as an extra drop of water.