1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premolt

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by froggz37, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

My hermie love Herbie is showing heavy signs of premolt. She has taken up residence at the salt water dish for about a day and a half now. She's halfway in and just sits there. She's had the ashy color for quite a while now. What can I do to give her a better chance of making it through the molt because I'd hate to lose her. Right now the temp is at 78, and the humidy is at 76. I really dont want to iso her but if need be I'll use a bottle top. I'm not sure what all of my mini monsters would do. She hasnt buried under the entire time I've had her except for when I first brought her home she buried about half way down, and only stayed there for about two days before she got really active. So, when she dissapears under the sand I'll update for everyone.
    Jess

2. froggz37

Well, an update, but not a good one. She is now sitting next to the salt water dish completely naked.

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

AAHHG! What in the world are they doing to us?

You may want to keep your humidity a bit more elevated to somewhere around 80% if she is going to insist on being naked. It will help keep her abdomen from drying out. I hope your baby puts on a shell and recovers. I'll be thinking of her. Keep us posted [​IMG]

4. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Ughhh!!!
    That's not good!!!

5. froggz37

well, unfortunately I think she's passed. She hasnt moved for a few hours now. She had went into another shell, but hadnt moved from that spot. Really makes me upset because it was so sudden. Just a few days ago she was her normal self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.