1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praising the Addiction Store

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by vckums, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

Today I got this weird email from a customer. In it she said she praised my store on hca.com and talked about my products. She received a pm from Christa asking her if she was an employee or an affiliate of my store.

I am at a loss for words here. I haven't replied to the customer yet. Other then being extremely appologetic to her, I don't want to rehash the hca drama, I don't know what to say to her.

I know alot of you belong to other sites, one of them being hca.com. If you mention my store or my products I'm sure you will be getting a PM too. I appologize for this ahead of time.

2. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I really think that Christa is overstepping her bounds and stepping on toes. Not only do you not deserve the flack she's giving you but she had no right to question one of your satisfied customers. You shouldn't have to apologize for anything, Vicki. Christa should apologize for putting someone on the spot like that, as if buying from the best hermit crab food store on the net was a bad choice.

I think that most of Christa's problem boils down to jealousy. It seems anyone that stands up to her rudeness gets almost antagonized until Christa is satisfied. Between you and Kerie the two of you have the food and nutrition part of hermit crab care down faster and harder than anyone else. Even after Christa gave kudos to Nartard (who is just trying to compete with anyone doing something better than herself) for selling hermit crab food she soon realized that she had nothing on you. So, she picks a fight with Kerie and suddenly you two are the "bad guys." My behind...Christa just doesn't want to face the fact that someone just might be better than her out there, when the truth is a lot of people are.

Well I guess a lot of us are in for it then lol. I know I'm not the only one that has praised your site Vicki, and I guess a lot of people are "affiliated" because your a customer-satisfaction based business person and take suggestions or requests from customers. OOOOPS and I thought that was a good way to run a business.

*kicks the soapbox out of the way* Hmkay..I think I'm done lol.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

WELL SAID FROGGZ -- Vic he is right you should not apologize--just explain to her that there is bad blood between you too. I say good things and more than once she hasnt come at me---

Listen just keep up the good work--word of mouth is your best advertisement and we all can talk elsewhere not always on a forum. We love you and back you. :blowheart:

4. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I have no idea what the whole ordeal is... but I agree with them... there is NO need to apologize! You do a wonderful job with your store, offer the best customer service and offer high quality, healthy choices for the Crabbies!

Heck... I will go over there and make it a point to praise your Excellent work!

Don't be hard on yourself... like Herm said, we are here for you!

5. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

Hello Vicki.....
    I agree with everyone!!! !!! I praised your store over there.....others did too!!! I haven't had an email sent to me yet..but if I do I will make sure to respond..with the words..Vicki is my friend and she runs a fabulous website and store! Her customer service is the best I have received..and I have ordered from others on the boards..while their food was okay...yours was a choosen favorite among my crabs...it is all about the crabs and what they like best!!! Enough drama....save it for another forum ! Vic..YOU ROCK!!!

6. katertater

katertater "Preparing For Second Molt"

I was going to mention to you Vicki that you were getting praise over there but i didn't want to bring up any of the drama. so i said nothing. I don't think you have to apologize for anything. You just have a FRIGGIN' AWESOME store and there are some green monsters over there. I think you are doing a great job! Keep up the good work! (I'm trying to persuade mom to purchase more stuff....idk if its working.... :headscratch: ill have to try harder )

:troll: <--- ok so while i was thinking of what to say i noticed this smilie gets a hump on his left (our right) side everytime he moves. Its like the hunchback of Notre Dame!.....ok sorry i just had to share.....even if it was off topic..... or maybe its his sholder popping out everytime he moves.....either way he i still like him!

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

I thought Christa graduated kindergarten, like 50 years ago.

She needs a chill pill, IMO.

Ignore all that Vicki, you know you rock my socks!
    :band2:

8. CrabbinQueen

CrabbinQueen (Small Crab)

Yup. I agree. Ignore it and don't apologize for doing a good job or for her ignorance and stubbornness. If she keeps doing things like that, more and more people will begin to realize somethings odd, and venture else where just like I have. A quick look through the archives told me all I needed to know. :)

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

You all are so truly special. I cried reading this entire thread. Thank you for the kind words and the support. :hug2: to you all! You guys rock!!!

I work really hard on the store and it just riles me up that someone could try to hurt that. I know I need to ignore this crud, and I'm trying, but it feels like a below the belt hit.

Anyway, enough of me feeling crappy, Katertater it does look like he has a hump LOL

Ok back to the regular scheduled program... :chuckle:

10. k_n_68048

k_n_68048 Guest

:wav: We love your store.........period!

11. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Oy, the Christa monster is rearing her ugly head again and the drama is resurfacing? has she been smoking EE? she really needs a life.

apology schmology! don't you even DARE apologize! to have the drive and desire to do something POSITIVE for the crabbing community as a whole does not warrant, nor require and apology. i should fly on over there and smack you around some for even thinking that woman.

please Vic, don't waste your energy on this with her. put that energy, and anger, back into the store and make it even better. do it in spite of her. matter of fact, you and Kerie should make up a whole new food in her honor of being. i'm trying to come up with some witty name but i guess it's just too early in the day for that so i'll keep working on it and PM you.

i wish i'd have seen this thread in time to be up further on the list of ones you read when you cried :tear:.

love ya Vic, keep up the great work and NEVER settle for less!

12. MacandHunter

MacandHunter "First Molt In Progress"

I'm sorry there were some problems Vicki. If I were Christa, I would not have said anything. The post did look a little like an ad, but I know that it was just sharing info on a great store.

When I start my raffle vicki, I will mention your store's name in my post of course because you gave me the foods, and I know for a fact that there will be no problems. Sometimes posts just get mis - read.

It is best when problems come up to just ignore them. I love the HCA, I love the addiction, I love Narnar's food, and I love Vicki's food. Both of the sites and stores have their good and bad points.

So when talking about other sites and other people, I really think it would be best if flaming was not allowed. The comment about "nartard" was really uncalled for.

Most times kids are the ones who call each other names, and do other silly stuff like this. But if you haven't noticed it is all adults that have problems with other crab sites and other hermie owners. I thought you guys were supposed to be the mature ones, the one someone like me is going to look up to and say "I want to be just like them when I am older" I don't think I want to be 30 years old and be calling people "nartard" or other nonsence. Please come on now, let's be mature everyone.. this is not at you vicki but just in general to some members of the addiction and the hca.

:impressed:

13. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I've been on boards with NarNAR, Christa, Vicki and Kerie since before Vicki started her store. I've read the bullcrud since the beginning. Kerie began researching and decided on the epicurean hermit line and suddenly narNAR began doing the same. She started proclaiming herself an expert and began to sell her own line of foods. She admitted the only reason she was doing it was because she was competetive. I've seen threads where narnar has shot off rude comments at both Kerie and Vicki, when they are the ones that taught her.

Ive seen narnar being rude and snide when its uncalled for, and that shows a two faced personality. I call her what I call her because that is who she is to me. Had I not seen the other side of her, I wouldnt call her that. Your compliment to narnar added, I've read about ten compliments for her store on boards OTHER than HCassociation. There are kudos for Vicki's store that quadruple the compliments of narnar on many boards. There is a reason for that.

If I offended you, I am sorry for offending you but that is firmly who she is to me.

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yes Christa shouldn't have said anything. It was out of line and uncalled for. Is this new behaviour, no. People are frustrateed because the behaviour is continous.

And Mac, you know very well what goings on have been over at hca.com. This is nothing new. After I left, I tried a few months later to go back and make a post about my store. The post was yanked and I got a PM saying I couldnt advertise my store. Have you seen the posts from Aaryn and Blaze about THEIR stores and THIER products? I haven't seen them, but I know they exist. Have you made any posts about your shell store? Any shells that you are selling? I know the answer.So to say that the site doesnt allow advertising is a lie. Christa doesn't want MY store or products mentioned, but feel free to talk about Aaryns or anyone elses.

If you ignore a problem it doesn't go away. It festers and keeps going. The problem isn't someone calling someone a name. It's about fairness in the crabbing community. There isnt one other crab site that has told me that I couldn't talk about my store, offer prizes to them, or become a membe. But hca.com has definately done this and continues it.

I dont censor my members here. They are free to speak their minds. Every member here is mature, regardless of age. Every member here has their own mind. Every member here is not censored, told what they can and cannot say. Thing is, if someone has a problem we talk about it. In the open, something I can say doesnt happen at hca.com. Unfortunately not everyone gets to see firsthand how it is over there or see the bs that happens. It's a shame really that there has to be a division of sites. But if you look at the history and you break it down, there's a common denominator in this bs. So I suggest that the math is done and you see the answer, I'm betting eyes will be open wide.

This thread was started to let people know what was going on, and to let people know I was sorry they were dragged into pettiness from a mean person who can't get over a grudge. If I didn't want input, I'd have locked it. I don't do that here. The site has been drama free for 1 year. I was proud of that. Now, it's been tarnished due to the pettiness of Christa.

I will not let someone hurt me, or hurt what I've worked so hard on.

15. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

WELL said Vicki :eek:ccasion14:

16. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

:blowheart:....... WOW Beautiful!!! VIC!!!!!! I am glad we have the freedom to speak what is on our minds!!!! THERE HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS>>>TILL NOW!!!! I hope that the addiction can stay this way!!!...Lets just move on hopefully certain people will just leave things alone!! I bet most of us on here support ya 100%!!!!!!!! :dance2:

17. MacandHunter

When was your topic taken down Vicki? If there is an issue we talk about it together, and I never saw your topic get taken down and none of the board members said anything about the topic. If you want me too, I'll ask to see if you are allowed to post a topic about your store.

Also it would be great if negative things about Christa did not = the hca. Christa is not on the board of directors and has not been for a long time. If someone does not like Christa, that is fine we all don't like people. However the HCA is not ran by christa, the only thing she does now is do tech support stuff. Myself and the rest of the board members work hard at the HCA like you Vicki work hard here. It really stinks that people thinking bad thoughts about christa, and relating them back to the HCA website as a whole. I've just been elected for another term at the JR seat at the HCA and there are not problems with the current board members, and no "drama" at all. If there is a current issue with the HCA, it needs to be brought up with one of the current board members, not christa.

I think the problem is that not too many people spend a decent amount of time on this site and the hca, and talk about either of the sites from things that have happened a year ago.

I also want to add that there are no hard feelings to you from myself vicki, :petals:I'm just saying what I think the general problem is in the online crabbing world.

18. vckums

vckums Moderator

I understand your concerns Mac..But I can't change peoples minds. If they have dealt with Christa, then for them the sites been tarnished. If people want to change the way they think, they have the power to do that.

You said Christas not on the board, but only tech support. Why then is tech support PMing members about threads/topics? That should be a board issue. She may not be president per say, but she obviously hasn't stepped down in her mind. She over stepped her duties on hca by sending that PM. Now it should be up to HCA board to handle that matter.

19. MacandHunter

How long ago did this happen vicki, about what month? Any issue that anyone has should be able to be brought up with the board again. I can find out for you if any of the board ever got to deal with the situation. I know I'm going off topic but if it will help make things better....
    :shake:

20. vckums

vckums Moderator

It was almost a year ago, I seriously don't remember the month. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it, but its an old issue. You want to better things, start with the current issue. Just remember what I said earlier. I would hate to see you be in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.