1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PP's and E's together????

Discussion in 'Species Identification - Identify Your Hermit Crab' started by hermie101, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermie101

hermie101 (Micro Crab)

i want to make sure that E's and PP's can go in the same cage together because my new E tried to attack my large PP.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

E's in my opinion are very territorial, maybe you just saw a pecking order being established. I like my E's in their own tank although a few of mine outgrew their present tank and are in my 75 with Indos', PP's, Straws and ruggies - its not an issue but they will IMHO attack molting crabs much more than other species

3. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

How did you do intros? Did you bathe the newbie?

4. hermie101

hermie101 (Micro Crab)

yes i bathed the newbie kept him in ISO for three days. when the time came to put him with the other ones i got my old 10 gallon out and put the newbie in the 10 gallon then every 5 min. i would put a new one in the 10 gallon closely watching them incase something happened. when i watched and found that they all got along i put all of them in the 55 galon.

5. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I have two PPs and an E living together and they are fine, although the E is much smaller than the PPs. I have two new Es in ISO and want to move them to the new tank, although I have a couple of molters down and given Es like to dig, I haven't made the move yet ... too scared of them disrupting a molter.

I do, however, take the E's and my one big PP out now every night in a laundry basket for introductions. They seem to be fine together, but will see what happens when I add them to the main tank....which will now probably be another month or so. :(

6. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

My 29g has 15 crabs, 12 PPs and 3 Es, ranging in size from small to smallish medium. And they all get along fine. Although I'm in the process of setting up another 10g tank with the smaller PPs and Es because I think the 29g is getting a bit crowded. But when I set up my new 10g I will make my decision as to who goes into it not based on species, but on size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.